Energy bites usually come with a negative image in mind – something that is hard and dry but is supposed to be healthy. Not these! Making your own energy bites is an easy way to keep a healthy snack around for whenever you need a bite to eat. 

Tia and Tamera from Twitches are all grown up, and Tia Mowry has a show on the Cooking Channel, “Tia Mowry at Home.” We got a hold of her No-Bake Honey Oatmeal Energy Bites recipe and gave them a (modified) try of our own. 

(Our Version of) Tia Mowry's No-Bake Honey Oatmeal Energy Bites

• Cook Time:1 hr 10 mins
  • Total Time:1 hr 25 mins

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup dried dates
  • 1/2 cup pecans
  • 3 Tbsp chia seeds
  • 2 Tbsp orange marmalade
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
Arielle Gordon

Measure 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup dried figs, 1/4 cup of pecans and 2 Tbsp of chia seeds. Place into a blender (we used a Ninja Nutri blender) and hold for 10 seconds, or until mixture is well combined.

Arielle Gordon

Measure 1/2 cup almond butter, 1/2 cup honey, and 2 Tbsp orange marmalade.
    #SpoonTip: grease your measuring cup before use to help get almond butter and honey out easily.
    Add to the blender cup and mix with a spoon, to combine wet and dry sections, then blend for another 10 seconds.

Arielle Gordon

Transfer to a bowl and chill in the fridge for 30 min or freezer for 15 min.
    In the meantime, add remaining 1/4 cup pecans and remaining 1 Tbsp chia seeds to another blender cup and blend for 5 seconds. Put that to the side.

Arielle Gordon

Take the mixture out and scoop it into spheres.
    #SpoonTip: for uniform bites, we use a wet ice cream scooper.
    Place the bites on a plate, and sprinkle topping over them.
    Chill in the fridge for another 30 min or freezer for 15 min

Arielle Gordon

Enjoy!

Arielle Gordon

Overall, this was a great meal-prep recipe. It is easy to follow, and doesn't take too long; you can even work on other things while these are chilling. There are no advanced skills necessary, just putting things in a blender, and it won't take up too much space (just precious fridge space for a few minutes). 

The energy bites will last all week and are a great snack to have on hand when you need something to nibble on! They are sweet but healthy and fill you up. They are chewy but don't glue your mouth shut, and the topping gives them a nice crunch. If you need a cold snack, they are great straight out of the fridge, but can also sit out for a few minutes for a room temperature nibble.