In college, I notice I need a lot more energy to do my normal activities, and that I don't have a lot of time to do them. Being vegan, I have also noticed it is hard to find vegan snacks that are not super expensive, so these energy balls have been my go-to lately for a little pick me up. It's a very easy recipe that you can make ahead of time (#mealprep) and it is vegan. Also, these vegan energy balls are easy to travel with, making them the perfect healthy on-the-go snack.

Bella Ancona

There are tons of benefits with eating these vegan energy balls. Firstly, they are full of nutrients; energy balls are typically high in protein, healthy carbs, fats, and fiber. This is important when you want to build lean muscle mass, boost energy, and maintain weight.  Chia seeds are full of nutrients and help you stay full longer and energized. Flaxseeds produce healthy oils. This helps to protect against heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes and some forms of cancer.

As if all that wasn't enough, they're customizable! There are so many ways to make these energy balls unique for your liking. For me, I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER! I can literally eat peanut butter for the rest of my life and would totally be fine with it. However, if you are not a big lover of peanut butter like me, it's okay! Use any type of nut/seed butter that you prefer. Almond butter or cashew butter work very well as a substitute. If you are a coconut lover, add in shredded coconut to give you that tropical taste. You can also add in quinoa, pumpkin seeds, or hemp seeds, all of which are a good addition to add in more nutrients like protein and fiber.

Bella Ancona

These vegan energy balls are also really good when you are craving something sweet and you just need to give in to that sweet tooth. But no worries, because these ingredients are pretty healthy, so there should be no quilt in having 1 or maybe 10. These vegan energy balls are pretty much guilt-free since they are so nutrient dense. 

Bella Ancona

These vegan energy balls are meant to be everything that you love rolled up into a ball to give you that little bit of energy you need to keep going in the day. No matter what ingredients you use to make these yummy vegan energy balls, you will love them!

Bella Ancona

Vegan Energy Balls

Prep time: 5 minutes

Cook time: 30-60 seconds

Total Time: 5-6 minutes

Serving Size: 30 balls

1/4 cup of sugar-free maple syrup

1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)

1/2 cup of peanut butter (or any type of nut/seed butter)

1/4 cup of chia seeds

1/4 cup of ground flax

2 cups of oats

2 squares of chopped dark chocolate (or any type of chocolate)

Procedure 

1. In a microwavable bowl, put maple syrup, coconut oil, and peanut butter and microwave 30-60 seconds. Be careful to not overheat it the ingredients. 

2. Stir in the maple syrup, coconut oil, and peanut butter until well blended. Let cool for five minutes

3. Add in the chia seeds, ground flax, chopped dark chocolate, and oats or anything else that you desire to the melted mixture.

4. Take a spoonful and roll into a ball.

5. Put balls in refrigerator overnight, or enjoy right then. 

These vegan energy balls are meant to be anything that you love rolled up into a ball to give you that little bit of energy you need to keep going in the day. No matter what ingredients you use to make these yummy vegan energy balls, you will love them. Here is a link for other easy vegan recipes!