Sometimes the word "vegan" makes people assume that the product does not taste as good as a regular version would. However, with simple ingredients and a focus on a rich chocolate flavor, things like creamy icing can be made seamlessly vegan. This vegan chocolate frosting recipe tastes so satisfying, and no one would ever know the difference. 

Vegan Chocolate Frosting

• Cook Time:0

• 6 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup pure cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup melted Enjoy Life vegan chocolate chips dark or semi sweet
  • 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1/3 cup Crisco
chocolate, cream, peanut butter
Allison Curley

Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, crisco, and vanilla to a mixer.

salt, chocolate
    Allison Curley

Slowly add in part of the 1/4 cup of milk. Pause and add the melted chocolate. Stir it in well.

water
    Allison Curley

Add the rest of the milk and still well until creamy and thick.

chocolate, cake, fudge, chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, peanut butter
    Allison Curley

This frosting will not disappoint regardless of it being vegan. It is packed full of natural chocolate flavor and pipes perfectly on top of cupcakes. I made yellow cupcakes, and piped the frosting on with a rose shape. All you have to do to pipe it on is buy a piping bag from your local grocery store with some sort of tip. 

Tips for Piping

wine, champagne
Allison Curley

First, get the tip you want to use and put it at the bottom of the bag where it comes to a point. Make sure it is snug and then cut the point off, making a hole where the icing can come out (through the icing tip).

Then, wrap the piping bag on the outside of a tall glass so that the bag remains totally open. Pour the icing in the cup until it is about three quarters of the way filled. Then pull the edges of the bag up and tie them together in a bunch with a rubber band. 

peanut butter, chocolate, peanut, butter
Allison Curley

Gently squeeze from the middle/top of the bag until the frosting comes out in the shape you want. In my case, I just made one squeeze with the rose shape. It looks really decadent and fancy. 

This frosting looks great piped on cupcakes, and better yet, tastes amazing. It is 100% vegan, and will appeal to every chocolate lover out there.