It’s no secret that I love oatmeal. I probably have oats in some form 5+ days of the week for breakfast. From the classic peanut butter and banana oatmeal to cinnamon apple or these three new ways to have oatmeal, it’s a staple breakfast meal.  Even so, variety can be nice and on the days where I want to mix it up here are some of my other go-to breakfasts that are easy to make, delicious, and vegan!

Fruit and Nut Butter Waffles 

Mackenzie Laverick

I received a waffle maker for Christmas and have absolutely loved using it for dessert and breakfast waffles. My favorite combination for breakfast would be oatmeal waffles with banana, berries, almond butter and some dairy free yogurt. For dessert (or breakfast) would be chocolate waffles with peanut butter, banana, and more chocolate chips. I used King Arthur Flours’ chocolate malt waffles recipe and subbed chia seeds for the egg and DF products for the rest. 

Mackenzie Laverick

Savory “Egg” Scramble on Toast 

Mackenzie Laverick

I recently got to try two of JUST Egg’s products, the folded and squeezable “egg”. The egg substitute is made from mung beans and oh my goodness it is delicious and tastes extremely similar to eggs! I was so excited to learn about and try this product and will definitely be purchasing it in the future.

Mackenzie Laverick

For this breakfast I decided to scramble some of the JUST Egg with kale, mushrooms, and tomatoes seasoned with paprika, tumeric, salt and pepper. I served it up with some homemade sourdough pumpernickel bread and DF butter. 

Bagel with tofu-cream cheese

Mackenzie Laverick

When I’m in a rush, a quick and easy breakfast is toasting a cinnamon raisin bagel and topping it with tofutti cream cheese and some more raisins and cinnamon. I normally eat this with a side of fruit and some peanut butter and coffee or berries and a matcha latte. 

Crispy Tofu, Pesto Potatoes, and Roasted Veggies

Mackenzie Laverick

If you want another savory breakfast, this recipe is great if you have leftover potatoes or fries. Cube a serving of tofu and pan-fry with herbs (oregano, cumin, and rosemary are a great combo). Roast some garlic and broccoli or whatever vegetables you have on hand (leftover or frozen work well too). Toss everything together with some vegan pesto and enjoy!

Berry French Toast

Mackenzie Laverick

This recipe is great for Sunday brunch or mornings when you want to make something a bit fancier. I used JUST Egg’s French Toast recipe to make this vegan version and topped it off with a strawberry compote. I made the compote by combining around a cup of strawberries heated up with a fourth a cup of DF yogurt and mashing everything together. I served this with (a few) iced chai latte and a banana with cinnamon and maple syrup.

I hope these recipes gave you some cooking inspiration, enjoy!