This is a cauliflower recipe you need to master, because it doesn’t get any easier. Plus, this baked version of this childhood favorite is the perfect excuse to go crazy with your dipping sauces. These go amazing with ketchup, mustard, marinara, mayo, pesto, hummus — you name it.

You only need five ingredients to sneak a few more vegetables into your diet (the struggle is real), and you also get to try out new skills as a cook. Let’s make them, shall we?

Baked Cauliflower Tater Tots

• Prep Time:12 minutes
  • Cook Time:28 minutes
  • Total Time:40 minutes
  • Servings:16 (depending of how big or small you make them)

• 1 large cauliflower
  • 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 of an onion, diced
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Foto by Camila Bolívar García

First, preheat the oven to 350°F, grease a nonstick baking sheet liberally with cooking spray and cut your cauliflower into florets.

GIF made by Camila Bolívar García

Cook them in salted boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until your florets can be pierced with a fork and still maintain their shape.

GIF made by Camila Bolívar García

Drain them well (very well) and transfer them into a food processor, pulsing the cauliflower for a few seconds just until the it breaks down into small pieces.

GIF made by Camila Bolívar García

Measure out 3 packed cups of the cauliflower and add it to a large bowl. Then, stir in the rest of the ingredients, mixing until thoroughly combined. It should look like the texture of mashed potatoes.

GIF made by Camila Bolívar García

Form your tater tots on the baking tray. The recipe should yield around 15 tots. Toss them into the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.

GIF made by Camila Bolívar García

Enjoy them with your favorite dipping sauce, which is mustard, of course.