The time is coming. The holiday party season is right around the corner. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Thanksgiving event, a white elephant exchange with high school friends or Aunt Lizzy’s annual Christmas party. One thing will always be there, and that is food. It’s never too early to start preparing or mixing together your contribution to the feast. What if I could tell you of a holiday drink that not only looks festive, but tastes like Christmas came early? Well, I can, and it is called Holiday Sangria. As an excuse to make this, I’m throwing a party. Only for myself.

If you’re the opposite of Betty Crocker and not looking to spend three hours in the kitchen, this recipe takes 10 minutes. Tops. Also this drink looks super fancy, so everyone will think you’re a regular Martha Stewart. But the good news doesn’t stop there. Not only is this recipe quick and fancy, you also get to throw in a bounty of fruit, which makes it healthy, right? I mean…between the pumpkin pie and honey-roasted ham we could all use a serving of fruit (even if it is soaked in alcohol).

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes

Servings: Depends on your definition of a “serving size of wine” (approximately 4 – 6 glasses)

Holiday Sangria

Photo by Kelly Redfield

1 bottle white wine (cheap works)
1 bottle sparking apple cider or apple juice
2 clementines
1 Granny Smith apple
1 Gala apple
1-2 cups cranberries

1. Core apples and chop into square pieces

Holiday Sangria

Photo by Kelly Redfield

2. Cut clementines length-wise
3. Combine white wine, apple cider and all fruit
4. Bring to party or drink it yourself.

Cheers to the start of a great holiday season, and always remember…love the wine you are with.