It's a well known fact that a college staple (heck, the staple to any fulfilling life) is pizza. There aren't many foods that will arrive on your doorstep for cheap, that satisfy some major food groups (tomato sauce counts as a fruit right?!) and is delicious to boot. But what if you're sick of chain options - um, potentially frozen, no thanks. Or what if you're bored with classic cheese, or are fighting with your fellow pizza-lovers about toppings? The solution: a homemade option, two ingredient pizza dough!

Making pizza on my own has always seemed daunting to me - I can't toss dough in the air, roll it out just right, and it just seems so time consuming! Half of the time, the dough takes hours to rise or bakes under the toppings to become soggy (this one is cooked before toppings!). Lucky for me, this recipe knocks those issues out of the park. This two ingredient pizza dough is so easy, I made it with a seven year old with major success. It's healthy, delicious, and cheap. There's something so satisfying about making something from scratch, and it gives you the freedom to top it with whatever you, or anyone else wants, as the portions are automatically four individual pizza bases. And don't worry, if you can't think of anything besides cheese or pepperoni, I've got some out of the box ideas for ya. So, what's stopping you? 

Two Ingredient Pizza Dough

• Prep Time:6 secs
  • Cook Time:8 secs
  • Total Time:14 secs

• 1 Cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 1/4 Cup self-rising flour separate 1 cup from the 1/4 cup
pizza, cheese, sauce, tomato
Jenny Georgieva

Preheat your oven to 400° F

In a bowl, mix the yogurt and the 1 cup of flower until a dough forms

Violet Virnich

transfer the dough to a lightly flowered surface and divide into fourths, and roll each section of dough to roughly 8 diameter

bread, flour, wheat, dough
    Rica Beltran

heat a dry, ungreased pan on the stovetop over medium high heat

cook the pizza bases on each side for 2-4 minutes or until golden and cooked through

Violet Virnich

transfer pizza bases to a cookie sheet and top with desired toppings, depending on whether they need to be cooked/melted, transfer the pizza to the oven until desired melt is achieved.

pesto, mozzarella, pizza, basil, broccoli, spinach
    Kat Manouchehri

Topping Options:

The Fancy Italian: Top the base with fresh mozarella and melt. Finish with prosciutto, balsamic vinegar/reduction, fresh tomatoes, and olive oil.

Fall Harvest Vegetable: Top the base with roasted mushrooms, butternut squash, fingerling potatoes, bell pepper, and red onion, fresh kale or spinach, and add optional shavings of fresh parmesan.

Breakfast in Spain: Add to the base some of your favorite tomato sauce, grated mozarella/parmesan blend, cooked chorizo sausage (a Spanish sausage with a unique paprika taste), roasted red peppers, roasted fingerling potatoes, sunny-side-up egg, and melt in the oven.

Salt Bae: Spread pesto on the base, then top with fresh mozarella, green and kalamata olives, capers, and melt in the oven.

Cloud 9: Top the base with marshmallow fluff and mixed berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.

Sopapilla: Add honey, cinnamon, and sugar to the cooked base - enjoy for breakfast, dessert, or a sweet snack!

Happy Camper: Spread nutella on the base and a layer of marshmallows, broil, then top with graham cracker crumbs and or Teddy Grahams