Ramen is a way of life at college. You’re either anti-Ramen, a fan of Ramen or a hardcore-I-would-promise-you-my-first-born-child-for-some-Ramen kind of person. All are thoroughly acceptable.

I, myself, was never a fan of Ramen until I became a mad Ramen scientist and began experimenting with the most simple of ingredients. So, here are some of my findings (all backed by intensive research, I assure you). All ingredients used can be found at any food convenience store on campus (Ex: The Mix) and are all so cheap and accessible I’m sure someone else has come up with this before and I’m late to the Ramen party (have I said the word ‘Ramen’ enough yet?).

Cheddar Broccoli Ramen

Ramen Meals

By Caitlin Wolper

Easy

Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes

Servings: 1

2 Packets of Rice-a-Roni Cheddar Broccoli powder mix
Ramen
water

1. Microwave your Ramen in a bowl for around 3:45 min.
2.  Once it’s done, pour in the two powder mix packets and stir.
3. Let it sit for a few minutes so it becomes less of a soup and more of an approachable meal.

Hot & Spicy Chili Ramen 

Ramen Meals

By Caitlin Wolper

Easy

Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes

Servings: 1

Campbell’s Chunky Chili Hot & Spicy Beef and Bean Firehouse (what a name)
Ramen
water

1. Same process as the one above, except this time take out excess water* and pour in the chili.
2. Add cheese if you’re feeling elegant. Or add extra chili if you’re feelin’ like running in a Tough Mudder.

Chicken Soup Ramen 

Ramen Meals

By Caitlin Wolper

Easy

Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes

Servings: 1

Campbell’s Creamy Chicken Soup
Ramen
water.

1. You know the drill. Just add the soup at the end AFTER taking out excess water*. Good for rainy or sick days.

Ramen Meals

By Caitlin Wolper

I have personally made and tried all of these, and I assure you that they are good to eat! These are all Nikki-and-her-roommates approved, so get microwaving!

*Seriously, remember to drain excess water or you’ll drown yourself in the Ramen. That’s no way to go, man.

Check out these related articles: