Caramel flan is a traditional dessert found on my family’s dinner table at almost every holiday: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter–you name it. If my family is meeting, we’re having flan! This creamy caramel custard flan is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Following this easy recipe will help you impress everyone at the table as you fill their stomachs and their hearts.

Caramel Flan

• Cook Time:1 hr 25 mins
  • Total Time:1 hr 40 mins

• 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1 can condensed milk
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1 cup sugar for caramel
Joanne Rodriguez

Place the dish that you plan to use for the flan into a larger dish that will serve as a water bath when cooking and preheat the oven to 325° Fahrenheit.

Joanne Rodriguez

Combine the 1 can of evaporated milk, 1 can of condensed milk, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, and 4 eggs in a blender and mix until well combined.

Joanne Rodriguez

Prepare caramel by adding sugar to a hot saucepan. Carefully mix the sugar until well dissolved and remove from heat.

Joanne Rodriguez

Pour the caramel into the smaller dish and then pour liquid mixture over the caramel.

Joanne Rodriguez

Prepare a baño Maria, or water bath, by pouring water into the larger dish surrounding the dish with the flan until the water is halfway from the top of the dish.

Joanne Rodriguez

Carefully transfer the dishes to the oven and bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Let cool (wipe your drool) and flip the flan over into your serving dish. Now bask in the compliments and enjoy!

Joanne Rodriguez