Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5-7 minutes
Total: ~10 minutes
One 16-oz. can garbanzo beans
One 16-oz. can sweet corn
1 slightly firm avocado
2-3 scallions (green onions)
1 small lime
1-2 tablespoon(s) butter
1 large egg
Salt and pepper
1. Drain and rinse garbanzo beans and corn. Set aside in a large bowl.
2. Pit and dice avocado. Add to beans and corn along with roughly chopped scallions.
3. Season mixture from steps 1 and 2 with salt and pepper to taste, along with the juice and the zest from the lime. Mix all ingredients quickly in bowl and set aside. If you don’t have a bowl, put all the ingredients in a large plastic zip-top bag and shake it, shake it, baby.
4. While bean mixture is resting, melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat, making sure to tilt the pan to coat the bottom of pan completely.
5. When butter has melted, crack the egg gently into the pan. The outer edges of the white should immediately begin to crisp. Reduce burner heat to medium-low. As the white cooks, begin to baste the top of the egg with melted butter – this will cook the remaining white.
6. To plate, place a hefty cup of the bean mixture on a large plate. Top with fried egg. Garnish with salt, pepper, and Sriracha as desired. Nosh.