Welcome to 2018—where YouTubers are filming dead bodies, Kylie Jenner is a mother, and teenagers are eating Tide pods. Yes, you read that correctly. Teenagers are willingly popping laundry detergent pods in their mouths for a moment of Internet fame. 

Over the past few weeks, videos have been circulating the web of teenagers biting into the brightly colored laundry detergent packets for who knows what reason, really. 

In the first half of January alone, poison control centers have handled 39 cases in which teenagers were intentionally ingesting the detergent packets, in comparison to the 53 cases reported for all of 2017. Poor Tide even had to issue a statement discouraging the practice of eating laundry detergent. 

But in case you weren't already aware and needed some internet scolding, eating Tide pods is dangerous. Like, really dangerous. We're talking poison here, people. 

Because everyone is all of a sudden interested in eating soap, I decided to take it upon myself and make some edible versions of Tide pods— one hundred percent polyvinyl alcohol, denatonium benzoate, and alcoholethoxy sulfate free!

Tide Pod Sugar Cookies

• 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Vanilla frosting
  • Food coloring
Caitlin Scott

Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.

Caitlin Scott

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.

Caitlin Scott

Roll dough into a flat sheet on a cutting board or other flat surface. Use a cup to make circles out of the dough.

Caitlin Scott

Lightly press in on either side of your circles to create more of a square shape. Place cookies on baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

Caitlin Scott

While baking, prepare the frosting. In one small bowl, mix blue food coloring and frosting and in the other mix red and yellow to get a desired orange color.

Caitlin Scott

Once cookies are baked and cooled, frost each cookie with the white frosting to act as the base color.

Caitlin Scott

Put colored frosting in small zip block bags to act as piping bags. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.

Caitlin Scott

Using the blue frosting, make a crescent moon shape on one side of the cookie. Do the same with the orange frosting on the other side of the cookie. Refrigerate for a few minutes to let the frosting set and enjoy!

Caitlin Scott

Now these are Tide pods that you are more than willingly to dare your friends to eat. Safe Tide pod challenging, everyone.