I love breakfast. I go to sleep wondering what I'll have for breakfast the next day, no joke. Everyone is well aware of the fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should also be the most nutritious one, but owing to our busy schedules, we tend to ignore the importance of breakfast and at times, even skip it. It's nothing to be ashamed of really, it happens to the best of us. And I should add, looking at the same breakfast options in your pantry or fridge doesn't really motivate one to take time out for a proper breakfast either.

So I figured I needed a revamp from the ol' bowl of cereal; a simple and fun way of making breakfast interesting. Since it's summertime and we surely can't survive without sweet treats, why not have popsicles for breakfast? Here are three quick and easy breakfast popsicle recipes that'll start your day right and as a bonus, they're great treats for the summer in general.

Banana Berry Breakfast Popsicle

• Cook Time:0

• 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 diced banana
  • 1 blueberry yogurt
  • 1 raspberry yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • Cereal
cake, chocolate
Aisha Wahab

Combine every ingredient together in a blender and then mix it up. Pour the mix into the popsicle mould and let it set in the freezer for at least 4 hours.

cream, tea, sweet, milk, coffee
    Aisha Wahab

After it's set, carefully dip the mold into a bowl of water to get the popsicle out of the mould easily. Pour some honey over the popsicle and stick Cheerios or any cereal of choice to it to decorate it.

macaroni, pasta, cereal
    Aisha Wahab

Dry Fruit Mocha Breakfast Popsicle

• Cook Time:0

• 1 teaspoon coffee powder
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 plain yogurt
  • Dry fruit - chopped
  • Cocoa powder
pistachio, cake, cream, ice cream, chocolate, ice
Aisha Wahab

Add a little coffee to a tablespoon of water. Then, mix the cocoa powder with cold milk or use chocolate syrup, combining it with the coffee, plain yogurt and a little honey together in a blender. I find using the syrup makes the consistency of the mix more creamier, but if you find it a hassle to make it, cocoa powder will do just fine.

black tea, indian tea, herb, green tea, coffee, tea
    Aisha Wahab

Pour it into the popsicle molds and freeze for a minimum of four hours. After it's set, carefully take it out and decorate by sprinkling the chopped dry fruits over the popsicle.

cream, milk, sweet
    Aisha Wahab

Fruit Shake Breakfast Popsicle

• Cook Time:0

• Mangoes
  • Plums
  • Banana
  • Pomegranate Seeds
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 pineapple yogurt
cream, ice cream, ice
Aisha Wahab

Combine all the ingredients in a blender except for the pomegranate seeds. Choose to keep aside a few of the diced mango pieces or any other fruit.

dairy product, milk, sweet
    Aisha Wahab

Pour half of the mix into the mould, then sprinkle some pomegranate seeds and maybe throw in a few little pieces of mango as well. After that, pour the rest of mix into the mould till the brim. Set in the freezer for four hours and you're good to go.

ice
    Aisha Wahab

So, no more "I had no time" excuses for skipping breakfast. Prepare these breakfast popsicles well in advance and enjoy them on the go!