I've always been a three square meals a day person, which means never skipping breakfast (or lunch, or dinner, or any other reason to eat). Essentially, I plan my day around meals. But with a morning schedule that includes biking to the gym, working out, showering, and metro-ing into work all before 9 AM, I haven't been able to be as leisurely in my morning routine as I would like to be. But this muesli breakfast, which I can prep the night before in less than 5 minutes, has been getting me through the summer by ensuring that I can grab a healthy, filling breakfast on the go.

3-Ingredient Vegan Muesli

• Cook Time:8 hrs
  • Total Time:8 hrs 2 mins

• 1 banana
  • 1/3 cup muesli
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
Alia Nahra

Scoop muesli into a mason jar or other storage container. If you are unable to get pre-made muesli (I prefer the Trader Joe's brand), combine 3 parts oats with 1 part each sunflower seeds, rice crisps, and sliced almonds, then mix in a handful of raisins and coconut slivers throughout.

Alia Nahra

Thinly slice banana and layer over muesli.

sweet, dairy product
    Grace Bodkin

Pour almond milk over the bottom layers (and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired), then let the mixture rest overnight in the fridge.

Alia Nahra

I've actually been eating this recipe most mornings for about a month now. Sometimes I add more spices into the mix to keep it interesting, and occasionally I swap out the banana for chunks of apple when I need a change. But however I make it, this recipe is one of the easiest ways I've found to keep my mornings stress-free and my stomach satisfied.