The tomato, mozzarella and basil combo never fails, probably because it’s so damn good. Well, we’ve figured out another way to eat it: on top of yo’ chicken.

This caprese chicken will be eaten in the matter of minutes, it’s that amazing. Also, it’s incredibly easy. So grab your forks, grab your ingredients, and get ready to eat the best chicken you’ll ever make.

Caprese Chicken

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:40 minutes
  • Total Time:50 minutes

• 1 chicken breast
  • 1 Roma tomato, sliced
  • 1/2 tub mozzarella, drained
  • 5-6 basil leaves, minced
  • 3-4 garlic cloves, sliced
  • 1/3 cup brown rice
  • Salt
  • Pepper
Photo by Megan Prendergast

Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to at 350˚F.

Place the boneless chicken breast onto a greased pan or foil. Place the garlic cloves on top. Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken starts to brown.

Photo by Megan Prendergast

While the chicken is in the oven, combine the rice with 2/3 cup of water and microwave for 4 minutes. Stir. Then microwave again for 4 minutes. Repeat until rice is fully cooked, or follow instructions on the back of package.

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Once the chicken starts to brown, take it out of the oven and remove the garlic cloves. Then top it with basil, tomato and mozzarella. Put it back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the cheese has melted.

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Place a handful of lettuce on the plate and top with rice and then the caprese chicken. Serve warm.

Photo by Megan Prendergast