A few years back, kale blew up on an international level. It became the new trend to incorporate this super-food into countless recipes and one's overall diet. However, for some, this vegetable isn't quite as bearable due to its bitterness.

That being said, this is where chefs and foodies come in with experimenting in all kinds of ways to make kale more appetizing and tasty, such as blending it in smoothies or baking it into chips

The below recipe for kale pesto is a spin-off that builds on the new era of kale consumption that has dawned upon us. Next time your cooking pasta, skip the Alfredo sauce and use this condiment as a healthier substitute. All hail the kale. 

Kale Pesto

• 1 bunch Kale
  • 3 tbs olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 pinch black pepper
  • 2 tbs Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup walnuts
  • 1 box pasta optional
Aurora Calderone

Gather all of the ingredients together. Clean the kale and chop the cheese and garlic.

Aurora Calderone

Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until smooth.

Aurora Calderone

Once the texture is creamy, the pesto is ready.

Aurora Calderone

Bring pot of water to a boil. Add salt and then pasta to water and let cook for 8/9 minutes.

Aurora Calderone

Strain pasta.

Aurora Calderone

Add the pesto condiment to the pasta.

Aurora Calderone

Serve and sprinkle walnuts on top.

Aurora Calderone

For those of you who don't crave a big bowl of rabbit food, this kale pesto is definitely for you. Whether you're a kale lover or hater, I guarantee this recipe will change this leafy green for you forever. Enjoy.