Back in my hometown, (Norfolk, Massachusetts) I work at a local restaurant as a hostess. During every one of my shifts, I would walk in to the kitchen and find the most delicious mini chocolate chip cookie topped with a Reese's and an M&M.  It was a rare occasion if I did not find them. I asked the chef and other kitchen workers if they made them and they all said no. I was determined to track down and find the person that made these delicious cookies and thank her.

One day, luck was on my side. I saw the mystery woman bringing in the cookies and approached her to find out her story. Her name is Diane. We talked for a while and I told her how much I loved her cookies. She now makes a special batch just for me, which is pretty awesome and I was lucky enough to get her recipe. 

Whenever I bring these cookies home to my family they are gone within a day. Not kidding. I think my record cookies in a day is 10. Not only are these cookies delicious, but they are SO easy to make. Try it for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

Chocolate Chip Cookies Topped with Reese's and M&M

• Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough roll
  • 1 bag miniature Reese's
  • 1 bag M&M's
cookie, chocolate, butter, peanut, peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350° F

Spray the muffin pans with cooking spray (FOR BAKING) before placing the dough in pans.

Shape the dough into 1-inch balls (about 2 teaspoons worth of dough) and place in the cups of a miniature muffin pan. Keep the dough in balls – do not press into the pan.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden brown and slightly puffy. Remove from the oven and immediately press a miniature peanut butter cup in the middle of each cookie, pressing down so that the top of the peanut butter cup is even with the top of the cookie.

When top of reese cup starts to melt, add one or two M&M's for color or for seasonal fun.

Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pans, and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.