The plant-based milk trend has been on the rise since almond milk first came on the scene. But 2019 has brought a huge new wave to this increasing trend: oat milk. If you know what it is, you know how delicious it is, and if you don't, boy are you in for a pleasant surprise!

Just as almond milk is made from almonds, oat milk is a new plant-based milk made from oats. If you're not convinced of its deliciousness, don't worry, neither was I. I really thought that oat milk wasn't going to be as good as everyone makes it seem. But the only way to know for sure, is to try it!

ice, coffee, tea, milk, cream
Alex Frank

Surprisingly, I found it incredibly delicious all on its own. But then I thought, how can oat milk, an already tasty recipe, be even more fantastic? By adding 2 of the most delicious flavors in the whole world: peanut butter and chocolate. So, I formulated a whole new oat milk recipe. And as it did for me, this peanut butter chocolate oat milk recipe will change your milk game...forever.

Believe it or not, only one healthy ingredient is added to a traditional oat milk recipe to take it to this whole new, peanut butter and chocolate level: a Larabar! Larabars are health bars that contain very few, whole ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. One of their most popular bars is the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. It is the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate and sweet and salty flavors. I knew that this would make a traditional oat milk recipe unbelievably tasty! So I threw it all together and here is the recipe and the result:

choc milk web

USDAgov on Flickr

Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Milk

• Cook Time:0

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabar

Begin by making your oat milk by blending the oats and the water.

Jennifer Campestrini

Strain your oat milk with a sieve, cheesecloth, or nut-milk bag.

Jennifer Campestrini

Return oat milk to blender and add Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabar.

Jennifer Campestrini

Blend everything together, pour a serving into a glass, and enjoy! (Store leftover Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Milk in refrigerator for up to 2-3 days).

Jennifer Campestrini

The Result

Oat milk by itself tastes great and it's definitely a must make recipe. But adding peanut butter and chocolate flavors created one of the most delicious milks I have ever tried in my life! The sweet and salty flavors created a combination that can't be beat! But you can experiment with this recipe however you'd like. Add whatever ingredients you enjoy best to make it taste that much better to your own flavor profile. But one thing is for sure: you definitely can't go wrong with a good Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Milk.