Looking to introduce some un-dead life into your Halloween party this year? Look no further. This Halloween punch combines the sour, sweet, and spooky vibes of everyone's favorite holiday and stirs up those feelings of nostalgia from watching the Hocus Pocus witches before trick-or-treating. 

The original witch's potion was medicinal in nature and was believed to cure ailments of the human spirit. In Hocus Pocus, the "Life Potion" that the Sanderson Sisters intend to brew will allow them remain forever young. While this punch might not have the exact same intentions or results, it is sure to make you feel young, and up your Halloween party game. 

Hocus Pocus Potion Punch

• Cook Time:0

• 4 cups ginger ale or sparkling water
  • 3 cups cranberry-pomegranate juice
  • 1 cup cold water
  • 4 limes juiced
  • 1 cup vodka optional
  • 1/4 sugar for garnish
  • 1/4 cranberry-pomegranate juice for garnish
  • Lime zest tendrils for garnish
Avery Golder

Measure out cold water and cranberry-pomegranate juice, then add to the punch bowl.

Avery Golder

Cut limes and add the juice of all four limes to the punch bowl. Stir the mixture and save the lime peels for later.

Avery Golder

Add ginger ale or sparkling water (and vodka, if you're over 21) right before serving.

Avery Golder

Dip the glass rims into the punch, then dip it into sugar to create a red-tinted, sweet rim. Cut long strip of lime peel, make a notch with a knife, twist, and place on the rim of the glass.

Avery Golder

Serve punch cold (and with plenty of Halloween decorations).

Avery Golder

Halloween is a great time to dress up and pretend to be something you're not. This punch will keep you connected to the memories of Halloween-past and find your way back to that spooky kid who loved to watch Bette Midler scream "I am calm!" And if your spirit's ailments are cured too, that would be even better.