If you’ve ever had edamame or hummus, you know that they can both be very bland (and rather tasteless). So why mix them together? Because edamame hummus makes the best dip and spread that is both pleasing to your taste buds and packed with healthy nutrients. But this recipe doesn’t contain chickpeas. Instead it has tahini, which is a paste made from ground sesame seeds that are full of protein.

The best part of this recipe is that it’s ridiculously easy to make and you can customize it however you like. Want to give it a kick? Add jalapeño or some hot sauce. Want a greater explosion of flavor? Try adding cumin, coriander and lemon zest. Either way, this edamame hummus is perfect for snacking on all occasions.

But if you prefer to just eat the edamame as it is, this Parmesan baked edamame will make you never want to eat plain soybeans ever again. On the other hand, if you’re a food junkie looking to try something new, this edamame hummus recipe will make you wonder why you’ve never tried this delicious combo before. Yummy and nutritious, it’s the food to choose.

Edamame Hummus

• Prep Time:20 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:20 minutes
  • Servings:4-6 servings

• 1 cup edamame
  • 1/4 cup Tahini
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled
  • 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoon chopped herbs
  • 2 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoon water
  • Pepper (to taste)
  • Salt (to taste)
Photo by Maddie Cleeff

Roughly chop up herbs. I’m using parsley, but you can choose whichever one(s) you prefer.

Photo by Maddie Cleeff

Combine edamame, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, water and herbs in a food processor (or blender). Mix until smooth.

Photo by Maddie Cleeff

While processing, drizzle olive oil through tube feed until the oil is completely mixed in.

#SpoonTip: The more olive oil you use, the creamier it will be.

Photo by Maddie Cleeff

Season with salt and pepper, then plate. Enjoy it as a spread or pair it up with pita bread and cucumbers.

Photo by Maddie Cleeff