Getting one of these foil-wrapped Wonder Balls when you were a kid was like being surprised with presents for no apparent reason. Cracking open that chocolate shell revealed a rainbow candy shapes that were so lit until you bit one and realized it was actually just chalk. In honor of this nearly forgotten classic, we’ve decided to bring them back and show you how to make a killer version yourself. All you need is chocolate, candy, and a mold. The best part is that when you crack open these puppies, you’ll actually be excited about what you get.

Wonder Ball

• Prep Time:30 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:30 minutes
  • Servings:4 balls

• 12 oz chocolate
  • 1 cup desired candy

Melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is just melted.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Spoon the chocolate into one half of the mold and spread to cover the edges.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Tap out the excess chocolate in the bowl and scrape the edges clean. You want the mold to have a thin, even coating.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Freeze for 5 minutes to set.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Spoon more chocolate into the mold, spread to the edges, and tap out the excess again to double coat it.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Freeze for another 5 minutes to set.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Repeat steps 2-6 to double coat the other half of the mold. Freeze until the chocolate is set.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Remove the chocolate from the molds.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Fill one half sphere with candy.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Fill a sandwich bag with some melted chocolate. Snip off a small corner and pipe a ring of chocolate on the edge of the candy-filled half sphere.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Top with the other half sphere to make a ball, and wipe away any chocolate that squirts out the sides. Chill for another 10 minutes or until set.

GIF by Arden Sarner