Ever since I discovered the quinoa bowl at Happy + Hale my freshman year, I've been completely obsessed. Obsessed to the point of never ordering anything else off the menu. Then one day in April, I went in, prepared to treat myself to an expensive, but worthwhile dinner, and saw that my precious quinoa bowl was gone. After a respectable mourning period, I got to work recreating this culinary masterpiece in my own kitchen. Here is my copycat Happy + Hale quinoa bowl that is so easy to make you'll never want to cook anything else again.

#SpoonTip: Happy + Hale's version calls for black beans rather than sweet potatoes, but I believe that the sweetness of the potatoes is a perfect addition to the otherwise savory dish.

Happy + Hale Inspired Quinoa Bowl

• Prep Time:10 secs
  • Cook Time:15 secs
  • Total Time:25 secs

• 1/4 cup dry quinoa
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/2 sweet potato
  • 1 tomato
  • 1/8 cup red onion
  • 1/8 cup feta cheese
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Dried cilantro leaves to taste
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette

Dice up tomato, red onion, and sweet potato and slice your avocado.

Kristen Siegel

Rinse your quinoa, put quinoa and water in a small pot and cook for 15 minutes. Once water is boiling, turn it down to low and cook until quinoa is tender.

Kristen Siegel

Season sweet potato with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 425 for 15-20 minutes

Kristen Siegel

Put quinoa in a bowl and arrange tomato, roasted sweet potato, red onion, feta, and avocado slices on top. Season with dried cilantro and balsamic vinaigrette.

Kristen Siegel

Loaded with tons of the good stuff, this quinoa bowl is guaranteed to be your new go-to weeknight dinner. Quick, easy, delicious and beautiful to boot, there's no way your friends won't be impressed when you whip this up the communal dorm kitchen.