Chicken enchilada dip is perfect for every occasion. It can be an everyday appetizer, party dish, or just a simple snack. This recipe was originally written by Kelley on allrecipes.com. My sister-in-law modified it and has been making the dip for years. It has been a hit at every family gathering, and best of all, the recipe only has six ingredients you can easily find at your local grocery store. Although it might take some time, it is fairly simple to make.

So round up some friends or make a date with Netflix, and start baking. This dip is a must-try.

Chicken Enchilada Dip

• Total Time:1 hr 5 mins

• 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
  • 1 8 oz. jar mayonnaise
  • 1 8 oz. package shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 4 oz. can diced green chile peppers
  • 1 jalapeno pepper finely diced
vegetable, corn
Stella Moran-Strouse

Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Place chicken breast halves on a medium baking sheet.

Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove from heat, cool and shred.

Place shredded chicken in a medium bowl, and mix in cream cheese, mayonnaise, Cheddar cheese, green chilie peppers and jalapeno pepper. Transfer the chicken mixture to a medium baking dish.

cream, cheese, chicken, sauce
    Stella Moran-Strouse

Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.

If you decide to make this last minute and need to cut out some time, there is a shortcut. Instead of purchasing one pound of skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, you can buy an already cooked rotisserie chicken and shred it from there. As tempting as it is to dive into the dip right after it gets out of the oven, take a minute to let it cool, the dip will be very hot!

Sure, you could be lazy and just bring canned dip to the tailgate party, but the extra effort needed for this dip is totally worth it.