It can be stressful hosting a party, especially when it comes to the food. We either have no time to cook anything, are too lazy to attempt to cook anything, or are just completely frustrated by the fact that everything we touch burns. Don’t worry, no matter what your reason is there is a solution for you, and no, it doesn’t involve ordering out. Make them sandwiches, but not just any old basic sandwiches – make these caterpillar sandwiches.

With this recipe, you take the simple, easy basic sandwich and elevate it with your imagination and creativity. You can impress your guests with a meal too cute to eat without even turning on the oven.

Caterpillar Sandwich

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:15 minutes
  • Servings:1 serving

• 4 bread slices
  • 1 plum tomato
  • 2 cherry tomatos
  • 1 hard boiled egg
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 1 grape jelly packet
  • 1 cream cheese packet
  • 2 cucumber slices
  • 1 grilled chicken slice
  • 1 red pepper slice
  • 1 green pepper slice
  • 1 baby spinach leaf
  • 1 banana slice
  • 2 small chopped salmon pieces
  • 2 teaspoon avocado
  • 2 shredded carrot pieces
Photo by Samantha Hickman

Cut 10 small circles out of the bread slices.

Photo by Samantha HIckman

Pair the circles up by matching sizes. Each pair will be used as ends to a mini sandwich.

#SpoonTip: This recipe will show how to make 5 different sandwiches, but you can make all 5 the same type if you want.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Pick a pair of circles to work with, then grab the peanut butter and banana.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Spread the peanut butter on both pieces of bread. Then place a banana slice on one of the pieces of bread.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Join the two sides of the mini sandwich together and put it aside so you can work on the next mini sandwich.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Grab another pair of circles along with the peanut butter and jelly.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Spread jelly on one circle and peanut butter on the other. Then repeat step five.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Grab another pair of circles along with salmon, cucumber, and cream cheese.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Spread the cream cheese on one piece of bread. Then slice the cucumber and place one piece on top of the cream cheese. Place a salmon chunk on either side of the cucumber and then repeat step five.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Grab another pair of circles along with baby spinach, chicken, and a cherry tomato.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Fold and place a baby spinach leaf on one of the circles. Cut up the chicken and cherry tomato. Place a slice of the chicken on the spinach and place a tomato slice on either side of the chicken. Repeat step five.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Grab the last pair of circles along with avocado, egg, cherry tomato, and peppers.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Spread the avocado on both pieces of bread. Cut the egg and tomato into slices and the peppers into cubes. Place a slice of egg on the avocado, on one side of the sandwich. Place some tomato slices and pepper cubes on the egg. Join the two sides together and put the mini sandwich aside.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Grab the plum tomato, shredded carrots, and cream cheese to make the head.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Cut the top and bottom off of the tomato. Stick two carrots in the top of the tomato to be the antennas. Draw on the eyes and mouth with the cream cheese.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Grab one slice of cucumber and cut it into four. These will be the four caterpillar legs.

Photo by Samantha Hickman

Assemble the caterpillar. Line the mini sandwiches in a slightly curved line, each on their side. Place the head at the front and add a leg between sandwiches. Then share and enjoy.

Photo by Samantha Hickman