The days are getting cooler, and that means autumn is upon us. It's time to curl up in your favorite blanket, sip hot apple cider, and watch the leaves change colors. Arguably, the best part of autumn is the abundance of seasonal produce that becomes available—everything from persimmons to pomegranates to pumpkins. Growing up, I always looked forward to carving pumpkins with my family. It made for great memories and an even greater pumpkin puree that my mom would make once Halloween was over.

This Fall Fettuccine highlights all things wonderfully autumn with a decadent and creamy pumpkin sauce, with mounds of cheese and garlic afternotes. The best part of this recipe is that it only takes 30 minutes to make this cozy, comforting dish. It is also so versatile and the sauce can be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to a week. But, don't be fooled by the name. This Fall Fettuccine sauce will be great on top of any type of pasta, not just fettuccine. 

#SpoonTip: Serve up this Fall Fettuccine with this roast chicken recipe for a more filling meal or wash it down with this pumpkin spice latte recipe for the ultimate pumpkin feast. 

Fall Fettuccine

• 8 ounces fettuccine or any pasta choice
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 4 cloves garlic minced
  • 16 oz can pureed pumpkin
  • 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Red pepper flakes optional
Holly Park

Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions. While pasta cooks, sauté garlic in butter over medium heat until soft and fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.

Holly Park

Slowly pour pumpkin puree into garlic/butter mixture and stir well to combine. Let mixture heat all the way through, about 2 minutes.

Holly Park

Slowly pour heavy whipping cream into pumpkin mixture and stir well to combine. You want the consistency to be creamy but not too thick. If needed, add more cream until sauce consistency mimics that of regular Alfredo sauce.

Holly Park

Add Parmesan cheese into pumpkin cream sauce and stir well to combine, making sure no lumps of cheese are present. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow mixture to heat for an additional 3-5 minutes or until nice and bubbly.

#photography, #cheese, #food, #cheesegrater, #cooking
    Yasmeen Aboulhawa

Drain pasta and divide into bowls. Spoon pumpkin sauce over noodles and top with more cheese and red pepper flakes to your liking. Enjoy!

Holly Park

Fall Fettuccine makes for a quick and delicious dinner that is sure to impress your friends and make you fall in love with fall all over again. It brings back some great memories I have of autumn and makes for a great meal idea for those cold fall days when I'm feeling a little homesick. The combination of sweet pumpkin and decadent Alfredo cheese sauce is a match made in heaven. Throw this recipe together in 30 minutes or make the sauce ahead of time and reheat it over some noodles for an unforgettable meal. Your guests will love it so much they will wish it's pumpkin season all year round.