Have you ever found yourself raiding your kitchen, hopelessly looking for something to cook? We've all been there. Whether you live on or off campus, with or without your parents, we've all been hungry...and the truth of the matter is that most of us are not world-renowned chefs and don't have enough time. Have no fear! I have the perfect honey-glazed chicken recipe, which is quick and easy and doesn't require any "out of this world" ingredients. All you need is honey, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes...that's it!

The combination of flavors is perfect: just the right amount of sweet mixed with a small kick from red pepper flakes that won't burn your mouth. You can make this for your roommates or even meal prep it for the week to have a delicious meal ready-to-eat every day in your fridge. All you have to do it heat it up and add a carb to accompany it!

I promise you won't regret this; your roommates will have you begging for more.

Honey-Glazed Chicken

• 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves cut into bite-sized pieces
Yasmeen Anchia

Mix the honey, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl with a whisk until everything is incorporated well.

Yasmeen Anchia

This step is optional! Season the chicken with your desired amount of paprika and salt.

Yasmeen Anchia

Heat oil on medium heat in a pan, then add the chicken; stir the chicken in the oil until it's golden.

Yasmeen Anchia

Add the honey, soy sauce, and red pepper sauce mixture to the chicken and stir until the sauce is thick and the chicken is well cooked.

Yasmeen Anchia

The final outcome is so good; you're going to want to get seconds, so I recommend doubling all the ingredients so you can have lots of honey-glazed chicken leftovers! 

Final Note

The first time I made this honey-glazed chicken recipe, I noticed that the sauce never got as thick as I wanted it to be. It was very runny and too liquidy, which would not hold on to the chicken very well. I discovered that to fix this, you have to add a mixture of cornstarch and water to the sauce to give it a nice and thick consistency. 

To do this, simply mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water in a little bowl or cup, and then add this mixture to the sauce and stir well to incorporate everything together. Within seconds, you will see the sauce change its consistency and become thicker, just how you want it. Then, voila! Your honey-glazed chicken is now perfect and ready for consumption.

Bon appétit!  

Yasmeen Anchia