As somebody well-versed in just about every diet under the sun, it shouldn’t come as a major surprise that the Whole 30 is a been there, done that for me. As the self-proclaimed queen of cheating the system, I actually didn't skimp out on the Whole 30, especially with this recipe in my arsenal. This one-pan-wonder of glorified roasted veggies and meatballs is easy, inexpensive, versatile, and so effing good.

Without further ado, I present to you the recipe that made the Whole 30 surprisingly easy.

Whole 30-Approved Roasted Veggies and Meatballs

• Total Time:1 hr 10 mins

• 1 Red Pepper
  • 1 Yellow Pepper
  • 1 Small Yellow Onion
  • 1 16 oz. Package Ground Turkey
  • 1 Sweet Potato
  • 8 oz. package mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
Haley Mellen

Preheat the oven to 400°. Chop sweet potatoes in ¼ inch cubes and place on a greased baking sheet. Julienne (or cut into thin strips) both yellow and red peppers and ¾ of the onion and place on baking sheet

#SpoonTip: Stores like Trader Joes sell pre-cubed sweet potatoes seasonally that can trim off a significant amount of the prep time

Haley Mellen

Dice the remaining ¼ of the onion and about 5 mushrooms into small chunks. Combine with the meat and form into balls. Slice the remainder of the mushrooms and place onto baking sheet alongside the meatballs (sometimes it doesn't all fit on one pan).

Haley Mellen

Drizzle the veggies and meatballs with olive oil (the recipe says ¼ cup but sometimes I do more or less, just depends on my mood), and salt liberally with salt and pepper.

Put in oven for 15-17 minutes, depending on how large your meatballs are.

Haley Mellen

Remove the meatballs from the tray and combine the vegetables. Place them in the oven for another 20-30 minutes depending on your preferences (I like mine super well done). Enjoy your Whole30-approved breakfast, lunch, dinner or midnight snack.

Haley Mellen

This recipe is the answer to all of your Whole 30 prayers. You can eat it for every meal, on a salad, with eggs, in a lettuce wrap, or just on its own. You can add or omit veggies based on your preferences, and swap out different types of meat if you’re not a fan of ground turkey. Whole 30 or not, try this recipe, impress yourself and your friends, and thank me later.