There is no end in sight for the psychedelic rainbow food trend. Everything from bagels and coffee to sushi and pasta has been transformed into a colorful creation. The limit truly does not exist. Love it or hate it, it’s here to stay.

Unicorn Cupcake Cones

• Prep Time:30 minutes
  • Cook Time:25 minutes
  • Total Time:55 minutes

• 1 package white cake mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • red, blue, yellow and green food coloring
  • 2 sticks of butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 2 cup powdered sugar
  • 12 ice cream cones
Photo by Emma Lally

Combine the cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a large bowl. Blend with an electrical mixer on medium for 2 minutes.

Gif by Emma Lally

Separate the batter into four bowls and add food coloring to each, then mix.

Gif by Emma Lally

Put an ice cream cone into each cupcake space. Alternate batter colors in each cone until it is about 1 inch from the top.

Gif by Emma Lally

Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350°F.

Gif by Emma Lally

Now it’s time for the rainbow frosting. First add your butter to a bowl use your mixer to fluff it up.

Gif by Emma Lally

Next, add your vanilla, sugar, and milk. Mix it with the electrical mix on low until it’s combined well.

Gif by Emma Lally

Evenly divide the frosting into four separate bowls. Tint each bowl of frosting a different color.

Gif by Emma Lally

Fill three piping bags with frosting and cut the tips.

Gif by Emma Lally

Attach a frosting tip to a separate bag. Put the three frosting bags inside of the separate bag so that they are all inside of the frosting tip.

Gif by Emma Lally

Swirl the magical rainbow frosting on your cooled cupcake cones, Instagram, then enjoy.

Gif by Emma Lally