One of the most common questions that vegans get asked is "Where do you get your protein from?" Besides beans, legumes, nuts and protein packed vegetables, there are plenty of vegan protein powders. One of such includes "hemp protein," which is derived from hemp seeds.

This green not-so-great-smelling powder is jam-packed with all of your essential amino acids. Let's see what we can make from it.

Hemp Protein Bites

• Cook Time:1 min

• 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 9 tbsp hemp protein powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt optional
  • 4 tbsp cocoa optional
Phillip Massey

Gather your ingredients.

tea, milk
    Phillip Massey

Melt the coconut oil for a minute or until completely melted. We don't want it too hot.

beer
    Phillip Massey

Then, throw in the maple syrup and optional salt (if you want the sweetness to pop).

sweet, espresso, red wine, chocolate, alcohol, molasses, tea, coffee, wine
    Phillip Massey

Now, we will mix in the protein powder. We are looking for a thick consistency here, so if you need more, it wouldn't hurt.

Phillip Massey

After whisking the entire mixture together, place in a mold or somewhere to set and solidify. The freezer is a great place for this (keep in mind, these are made from oil which can melt very easily).

waffle
    Phillip Massey

Remove when hungry and bite into these sweet, protein packed snacks.

Phillip Massey

OPTIONAL: Replace 4 tbsp of the protein powder with cocoa powder to make protein infused chocolate.

mocha, milk, espresso, chocolate, coffee
    Phillip Massey

I highly recommend the protein chocolate variation of these bites; they hit the spot for dessert or as a reward after an hard workout.

If you're still a skeptic and aren't sold on the bites alone, throw a couple into a smoothie to create a protein shake. Whether you make the protein chocolate, eat the bites alone, or gulp down a hemp smoothie, these treats are satisfying and filled to the brim with plant-based protein to keep you feeling full all day.

Whether you're vegan, vegetarian, or even a strict carnivore, your body will love you for eating these. So, snack up!