Ladies and gents, it’s officially the spookiest time of the year. With Halloween so near, horror films, loads of candy, Halloween costumes, and–best yet–Halloween parties are on everyone’s (zombie) brains. Looking for the perfect treat to bring to your Halloween get-together? Look no further than these Halloween pretzels!

Not only are these pretzels simple and delicious, but once you know how to make one recipe, you basically know how to make them all. So, put on your apron and enjoy these Halloween pretzels three ways–the Ghost...the Pumpkin...and the One-Eyed, One-Horned, Flying Purple People Eater.

Important Note: Serving size and the amount of ingredients needed depend on you!  I always melted 100 candy melts, which was enough for me to cover 36 of each pretzel. Depending on the size of your ghoulish audience, you might need to increase the size of the recipe. Don’t forget to check the nutrition label on the products you buy to ensure they contain enough to make what you need! (Hint: One 12 oz bag of Wilton Candy Melts contains about 130 candy melts). 

The Ghost

• Cook Time:0

• 100 White Candy melts
  • 36 Mini Pretzels
  • 1/4 teaspoon Crisco
  • 36 Pairs Candy Eyes
Lexi Shepherd

Melt the white candy melts according to the directions on the bag. Stir your candy melts periodically until they are entirely melted and smooth in texture.

Lexi Shepherd

Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of Crisco. This gives the candy melts a nice shine and also thins the liquid slightly to make coating the pretzels easier. Heat the candy melts again for 15 seconds, then remove them and stir again.

Lexi Shepherd

Roll out a sheet of wax paper to lay the pretzels on once they’ve been coated. I suggest using a chopstick to remove your coated pretzels from the bowl of candy melts. If you put the chopstick through the pretzel’s middle hole – the biggest one - your ghosts will have open, screaming mouths when you place them on your wax paper. The chopstick also makes it easy to shake off excess candy from your pretzels.

Lexi Shepherd

Add an eye to both of the pretzels’ smaller holes. A pair of tweezers is very helpful in placing these candy eyes in the perfect spot.

Lexi Shepherd

Keep on decorating until you run out of ingredients, and ta-dah! You have hauntingly delicious little ghosts. Like I said, one of the best things about this recipe is that once you know how to make one pretzel, you can make them all. Keep reading for a rundown of what you need to create the delicious Pumpkin and Purple People Eater pretzels to round out your Halloween party plate!

Pumpkins

• Cook Time:0

• 100 Orange Candy Melts
  • 36 Mini Pretzels
  • 1/4 teaspoon Crisco
  • Brown or Green M&M's for Garnish
Lexi Shepherd

Melt and add Crisco to the orange candies as directed in the Ghost recipe. I still suggest using the chopstick when coating the pretzels, but this time, you want all of the pretzels' holes covered with candy melts to create your pumpkins. The chopstick is a great way to touch up any uncovered spots. To finish, top each pretzel with either a brown or green M&M for the stem. Make sure to press the M&M into the candy melt on the pretzel to ensure a good stick. 🎃

One-Eyed, One-Horned, Flying Purple People Eaters

• Cook Time:0

• 100 Purple Candy Melts
  • 36 Mini Pretzels
  • 1/4 teaspoon Crisco
  • 36 Single Candy Eye Decorations
  • 36 Candy Corn Candies
Lexi Shepherd

Finally, for these delicious Purple People Eaters, melt and add Crisco to the purple candies as directed in the Ghost recipe. You can choose to give these little monsters closed or open mouths. When it's time to decorate, use tweezers to lay one candy eye decoration in the center of each pretzel and place one candy corn on top of each pretzel, pushing it into the candy coating for a good stick. 

Lexi Shepherd

And there you have it! A full plate of delicious Halloween pretzels to share at your monster mash. My batch was literally eaten in minutes. Give these eerily delicious treats a try, and I'm sure yours will be, too. Happy Halloween! 👻