S'mores, s'mores, s'mores. So good, yet so simple. Whoever came up with the genius combination of subtly sweet graham cracker, gooey chocolate, and toasted marshmallows knew what they were doing. I took this American classic flavor combo and put it into a cookie recipe, so now you can enjoy your favorite campfire treat without having to collect the firewood. 

Sydney Youmans

S'mores Cookies

• 3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
  • 3/4 brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup mini marshmallows + extra
  • 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
  • 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks + extra
Sydney Youmans

Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars with an electric mixer.

Sydney Youmans

Beat the 2 eggs and vanilla into the butter-sugar mixture. If you are not confident in your egg-cracking abilities, crack each egg into small bowl first and then add in.

Sydney Youmans

If you haven't already crushed your graham cracker, put about 3 rectangles into a plastic baggie and crush those boys until it looks like sand. The finer the crumbs, the smoother the batter. Mix the crumbs into the batter.

Sydney Youmans

Next, add in half the flour along with the salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until just combined. Add in the other half of the flour. This just makes it easier to combine the dry into the wet instead of getting hit with a cloud of flour.

Sydney Youmans

Now, you can switch from your mixer to a large spoon or rubber spatula. Drop in the the marshmallow fluff. (#SpoonTip: When scooping the marshmallow fluff, rinse the spoon in warm water first, so the fluff won't stick.) Stir until just incorporated, so there's ribbons of fluff.

Sydney Youmans

I usually eyeball the amount of fluff, chocolate, and marshmallow I put in, so the measurements are up to you for this part. Stir in the marshmallows and chocolate chunks.

Sydney Youmans

Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or butter them, so the cookies don't stick. I prefer large cookies for this recipe, so I'll scoop about the size of a golf ball onto each tray. Leave about 2-3 inches of space between each cookie because they will spread. This step is optional, but I like to press in a couple marshmallows on the top of the dough balls. The marshmallows toast on the tops like they would in a fire.

Sydney Youmans

Bake for 12-15 minutes. The time really depends where your rack is in the oven, so I'd recommend baking the cookies on a higher rack. They're less likely to be overdone. You want the cookies to stay chewy and gooey like you expect from real s'mores. Once the cookies are done, let them cool on the trays before transferring to a cooling rack.

Sydney Youmans

If you're extra like me and have chocolate chips left over, melt some in the microwave in 30 second increments and drizzle over the tops of each cookie.

Sydney Youmans

If you're in the mood for an adventurous cookie recipe, try this one. But, be careful. They're addicting!

And look at that cookie pull.