You will hear it again and again: healthy does not need to be complicated or expensive. This recipe for buffalo chicken lettuce wraps combines several of your food groups with vegetables, poultry, nuts, and dairy. I know what you’re thinking: cheese is not exactly “healthy.” It’s one of those things to have in moderation. Or you can pile it on your lettuce wrap. It’s called balance.

If the name is not appealing enough, there are more reasons why this recipe is awesome. To start off, this recipe has 6 ingredients and takes 30 minutes or less to prep and cook. It’s also visually appealing, so if you resist temptation for a whole minute with it in front of you, you can snap a pic for your social media. Most importantly, it’s buffalo chicken, and who doesn’t love that. I’m a big fan.

Buffalo chicken and bleu cheese? Power duo, and the crumbles add more texture than regular dressing. Peanuts? Yes, you read that right. A pleasant surprise and crunch. The mixture of texture and colors make for a pretty plate, but you won’t look as pretty while inhaling 6 of these in one sitting.

Chicken thighs will be more moist after cooking them, and make the cutting-shredding easier.

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps

• Prep Time:5-10 minutes
  • Cook Time:12-20 minutes
  • Total Time:17-30 minutes

• 2 Chicken thighs
  • 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
  • 6 leaves Boston lettuce
  • Crumbled bleu cheese
  • Peanuts
  • Green onions
Photo by Jackie Kuczynski

Spray a nonstick skillet and place chicken in skillet on medium-high heat. Cook both sides for 6-8 minutes.

GIF by Jackie Kuczynski

Let the thighs rest for 5 minutes. Cut the chicken into very slim shreds.

GIF by Jackie Kuczynski

In a bowl, combine the chicken with buffalo sauce and mix.

GIF by Jackie Kuczynski

Take a leaf of lettuce, add a scoop of chicken and garnish with bleu cheese, green onions and peanuts.

GIF by Jackie Kuczynski