Every time I go outside, I walk by my mom’s mint plant. It smells fantastic. So I decided I needed to come up with a good recipe for all the mint leaves that were going unused. The mint syrup in these popsicles is so yummy, and with the rum and the sweet blueberries it makes for a perfect summer treat.

There’s just a little rum in each popsicle, once you divide up the liquid, so add more if you want to get smashed drink responsibly.

Blueberry Mojito Popsicles

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:6+ hours (freezer)
  • Total Time:6 hours 15 minutes

• 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup waters
  • 20-30 mint leaves
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 8 oz blueberries
  • 3/4 cup lime juice
  • 6 tablespoon light rum
Photo by Caitlyn Heter

Add the 1/2 cup of sugar, the water, and the mint leaves to a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until all the sugar has dissolved to form a clear syrup, then cool completely.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Add the 1/3 cup of sugar and the blueberries to a second small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the blueberries burst and create a purple syrup.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Strain the mint leaves from the clear syrup. Add the lime juice, the rum, and the blueberry syrup – I like the look and texture of the berries, but it can also be strained, if you prefer.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Pour the combined ingredients into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.

#SpoonTip: Use a funnel. I made a mess without one.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter

To remove popsicles, run warm water over the outside of the mold. Enjoy responsibly.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter