Imagine: a sudden craving for mozzarella sticks with their gooey cheese and soft crunch, but you’re also hankering for some chicken tenders too. Well, look no further. This recipe is perfect for such a craving, and even better, it’s cheap and feeds a bunch of people.

Baked Mozzarella Chicken Bites

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:25 minutes
  • Total Time:30 minutes

• 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or thighs
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 8 oz block of mozzarella cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • Marinara sauce to dip into
  • Cooking spray
  • Water
Photo by Cassandra Bauer

Preheat the oven to 400℉. Cut chicken into 2-inch cubes or rectangles with enough room to cut a pocket for a cube of cheese to fit into each one.

Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Cut mozzarella cheese block into cubes, making the cheese small enough to fit inside each piece of chicken.

Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Combine panko bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Mix together completely.

Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Crack two eggs into a separate small bowl, then add a small amount of water to the bowl and whisk together to create an egg wash.

Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Spray a medium cookie sheet with cooking spray until it is coated completely.

Use a small knife or your finger to make a pocket big enough to fit the cubes of mozzarella cheese. Place a cube of cheese into the pocket and squeeze the chicken shut around it.

Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Using one hand exclusively, roll chicken in egg wash. Let the chicken drip over the egg wash bowl until it stops dripping.

Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Roll the egg-washed chicken in the panko-parmesan mixture until fully coated.

Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Place each piece of chicken onto the greased cookie sheet, spacing them evenly apart so that they are not touching.

Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Bake chicken on cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken becomes crispy and golden.

Gif by Cassandra Bauer

Serve with marinara sauce.

Gif by Cassandra Bauer