Summer’s around the corner and couch junkies everywhere are looking to shed those few extra pounds gained from binge watching Netflix all winter. If you fit that description (as many of us do), your overall health may need more primping than just a basic ab workout. If you want to look good on the outside, try focusing on your inner health first.

What you put into your body is key to seeing external results. No, we’re not suggesting some frothy kale-based smoothie that looks like it was  just scooped out of the earth. Healthy doesn’t have to make you cringe. Cue water infusions.

Fruit-infused water is becoming a popular way to reap all the desirable benefits of healthy drinks while supplying a delectable, fresh taste. Here’s 6 recipes to get you headed towards your summer physique.

1. Lemon Ginger Mint Water: Detox & Appetite Suppressant

Water Infusions

Photo by Nooreen Ismail

Whether it’s that nagging cold or some regrettable binge snacking that’s throwing off your health, a proper detox can be an effective way to get your body out of a funk.

Water flushes out your entire system by default, but it is twice as effective when lemon is thrown in to trigger the majority of the detoxifying. Small amounts of ginger can additionally cleanse and re-boost your system.

The combination of the two remain notorious for reducing hunger pangs. Mint acts as a natural sweetener to balance the flavor while also aiding digestion.

Easy

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes

Servings: 4-8

1-2 liters filtered water, depending on how strong you want your infused water to taste
1 3-in. piece ginger root
1 lemon
12-15 leaves mint

Directions:
1. Slice the ginger root and lemon. Remove the lemon rind. Tip: Removing the skin of a fruit helps avoid ingesting pesticides and other pollutants and stops your water from having a bitter taste.
2. Fill a jug with filtered water and add ginger and lemon. You can squeeze a bit of the lemon juice into the water as well to give it a burst of citrus flavor.
3. Add a handful of fresh mint leaves.
4. Let this mixture sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours. The flavors will infuse the water.

2. Grapefruit Mint Coconut Water: Glowing Skin, Metabolism Boost & Electrolytes

Water Infusions

Photo by Nooreen Ismail

Grapefruit contains high volumes of vitamin A & C, which work wonders on our skin when consumed or rubbed directly onto it.

As an antioxidant, it protects our outer layer from environmental hazards like the sun and harsh chemicals. It also stimulates our natural production of skin collagen, giving us increased elasticity and smoothness. Coconut water is rich in electrolytes, leaving us feeling extra replenished after consumption.

Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes

Servings: 2

1 ruby red grapefruit
2 cups coconut water
Mint leaves

Directions:
1. Cut grapefruit so you have only flesh segments left; discard rind and pith.
2. For each drink, place 2 to 3 segments in a glass.
3. Top with ice. Pour coconut water over ice.
4. Garnish with mint sprigs.

3. Orange Rosemary Water: Antioxidant & Immune Booster

Water Infusions

Photo by Nooreen Ismail

The vitamin C from the oranges is a dead giveaway when boosting your immune system. Add rosemary, a leading antioxidant used to combat infection, to eliminate carcinogenic free-radicals from the body.

Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes

Servings: 4

8 sprigs rosemary
4 slices orange
Ice
Water

Directions:
1. Combine rosemary sprigs and orange slices into a pitcher.
2. Using a spoon, gently bruise the rosemary and orange by pressing.
3. Fill with ice. Top with water and stir.

4. Cran-Water: Fat Dissolver

Water Infusions

Photo by Nooreen Ismail

Jam-packed with enzymes and organic acids, cranberry juice is a known diuretic that cleanses both the kidney and urinary tract.

When mixed with water, cranberry juice has the ability to also quickly diminish fat deposits (that stubborn cellulite you can’t seem to kick). Combine water with 100% cranberry juice and drink throughout the day to see quick results in those unwanted cellulite deposits.

Easy

Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 1 minute

Servings: 1

1-oz. 100% unsweetened cranberry juice
7-oz. water

Directions:
1. Mix the juice and water. Tip: Make larger batches and keep in a pitcher for easy access all day.

5. Strawberry Mango Water: Eyesight Strengthener

Water Infusions

Photo by Nooreen Ismail

If you’re the type to spend hours a day staring at a screen, this is the drink for you. Mangoes contain vitamin A which promotes good eyesight and prevents dry eyes. The vitamin C in strawberries is also proven to strengthen the cornea and retina of the eye. This drink is extra fragrant and tastes as delicious as it smells.

Easy

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes

Servings: 8

1 cup ripe mango, cubed
½ cup strawberries, quartered
2 quarts water
Ice

Directions:
1. Add mango cubes and strawberry quarters into a pitchers.
2. Cover with water and let steep in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.

6. Orange Fennel Water: Meal Closer

Water Infusions

Photo by Nooreen Ismail

Ever get offered fennel after a hearty meal to cleanse your palette, and regret accepting it? Fennel is great in helping beat bad breath, but its licorice-like taste can be discouraging. Putting it in water with orange slices helps to dilute the strong flavor and accomplish the same health benefits. Fennel also great after a meal because it aids in digestion.

Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes

Servings: 8

1 orange, thinly sliced
1 bulb fennel, coarsely chopped
Water or sparkling water

Directions:
1. Place 1 thinly sliced orange and the coarsely chopped stalks and fronds from 1 bulb fennel in a pitcher.
2. For still infused water, add 2 quarts of water. For sparkling water, add 1 quart of seltzer during prep and a second quart just before serving.
3. Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours to allow the ingredients to infuse.
4. Stir well and strain, discarding the solids.

Wanna check out some more smart ways to hydrate? Check these out: