What could be better than getting home after a long day of classes to a delicious and steaming bowl of Rotini gracing your presence by being delectably combined with an aromatic, perfectly savory vegan pesto and an array of colorful roasted veggies? Sounds to me like the equivalent of a warm hug. Pesto is one of those foods that will always light up your taste buds and send feel-good vibes to your body, without fail. There's something about those little basil leaves mixed with garlic and pine nuts that just screams comfort food, and it just so happens to be pasta's BFF.

Pesto Pasta | HD photo by Eaters Collective (@eaterscollective) on Unsplash

Unsplash on Unsplash

After trying hard to perfect a pesto recipe that can become my go-to whenever I'm craving an Italian night in front of the television post-exam, I finally found the perfect balance of your favorite pesto ingredients that make the best vegan sauce you'll ever try. A small warning ahead of time: you don't want to limit yourself to just drizzling this on your pasta dishes; this vegan pesto just so happens to be the perfect companion to just about every breakfast, lunch, and dinner meal. Try coming up with something it doesn't go with. You won't.

Snatch the super easy and delicious recipe below! You won't regret having a couple basil leaves in your fridge at the beginning of every week for a weekly batch of this yummy dip.

Vegan Basil Pesto

• Cook Time:0

• 1 heaping cup basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
herb, basil, olive oil, vegetable, oil

Wash your basil leaves well and dry before placing at the bottom of your blender or food processor.

basil, relish, herb, vegetable
    Brett Blee

Add your pine nuts, garlic, salt, and olive oil to the basil leaves. Blend well until the mixture is well combined to your desired consistency.

herb, vegetable, garlic, pesto, oil
    Kristine Mahan

Adjust taste as needed with more salt, or consistency with more pine nuts or olive oil.

herb, cream, vegetable, oil, avocado
    Christin Urso

Enjoy on everything.

pasta, penne, asparagus, pesto, vegetable, herb, macaroni
    Alexandra Tringali