As a Thanksgiving super fan, there is nothing that I enjoy more than the side dishes served at dinner. Mashed potatoes, chicken pot pie, and hash brown casserole are just a few of my Thanksgiving favorites. But the one dish that I can't get enough of is my aunt's infamous cornbread. Her cornbread recipe is one that you'll want to keep in your cookbook and in your Thanksgiving dinners for years to come. 

Every year, my aunt whips up the absolute best cornbread I've ever tasted. Forget Cracker Barrel and Boston Market cornbread, this recipe is sure to change the way you eat any cornbread. 

This recipe is super simple and is the perfect dish to take for your Thanksgiving this year. Trust me, this cornbread will leave your family members questioning if they have a chef in the family. 

Cheesy Cornbread

• Total Time:1 hr 5 mins

• 1 box corn muffin mix
  • 1 can cream style corn
  • 1 can whole kernel corn
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 bag thinly shredded cheese
Thandie Brown

In a big bowl, place the muffin mix, two cans of corn, sour cream and melted butter. Mix all of the ingredients together until you reach a nice, creamy consistency.

Thandie Brown

Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Take your baking pan and coat the entire thing with non-stick cooking spray.

Place your cornbread mixture into your pan and smooth out any lumps on top with a spoon or spatula.

Thandie Brown

Once your oven is heated, place your pan inside and bake for about 45 minutes. Make sure that the top of the cornbread is golden brown. Quick Tip: To see if your mixture is done baking, open the oven and stick a butter knife into the cornbread. If your knife comes out with some mix on it, be sure to keep it in the oven. If your knife comes out dry, you're all good to go!

Once your cornbread is baked, take your pan out and sprinkle a bag of cheddar cheese on top. Depending on how much of a cheese-lover you are, you can add as much or as little cheese as you'd like.

Once you've placed the cheddar cheese on top, throw your pan back into the oven until the cheese is completely melted and bubbling.

Take your pan out of the oven and let your cornbread cool for a couple of minutes. Once the cornbread is cool enough to slice and hold its shape, enjoy the easiest (and best) cornbread you'll ever have.

Thandie Brown

You don't even have to wait until Thanksgiving to enjoy this delectable dish! Make this quick and easy recipe as a side for any of your future dinners. I highly recommend pairing cornbread with some homemade chili. Trust me, this combo is the perfect pairing. 

Thandie Brown

Impress your friends and family by making this delicious cornbread, it will definitely leave them wanting more.