Overwhelmed by all the Thanksgiving sweet potato recipes? Looking for an easy and delicious side dish? Confused by terms like julienne? No worries, I got you covered. This sweet potato recipe is so easy, even a college student could make it (or a decent middle schooler if we're being honest).

Easy Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes

• 2 large/3 small sweet potatoes
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1.5 tablespoons cinnamon at least**
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Sarah Shaffer

Preheat the oven to 400F (because it's the actual worst when you forget)

Spoon University

Cut all your pre-washed sweet potatoes into cubes

Sarah Shaffer

Place all sweet potato cubes on an aluminum foil covered baking sheet

Sarah Shaffer

Place olive oil, cinnamon, and sea salt onto the potatoes. Make sure all ingredients are covering every potato by massaging all ingredients with your hands

Sarah Shaffer

Place potatoes in the 400F oven for 20 minutes. Take potatoes out after 20 minutes and shake the pan around to allow even baking. Place potatoes back in the oven for 10 minutes.

Sarah Shaffer

Make sure potatoes are tender enough for a fork to easily puncture, and you're done!

Sarah Shaffer

**(Coming from a #cinnamonobsessed gal) I usually add around 2-3 tablespoons, but it depends how much cinnamon you like! I would say to start with a little and then add more...

If you don't have an oven around, I recommend popping some sweet potatoes in the microwave. Poke some holes in the skin, put them in the microwave for about 5 minutes, and take them out to cool. Cut 'em open and pop some butter and cinnamon in there! #thecollegestrugglesarereal

If you're looking for more than just sweet potatoes for a microwave-friendly Thanksgiving check out this article for 5 Iconic Thanksgiving Foods You Can Make in the Microwave.

That's it folks, you're set for a simple (but amazingly delicious) sweet potato side. Your parents are going to be so proud #adulting #killedit

gif
Taylor Kozloski