Located in Westwood, New Jersey, The Rolling Pin Cafe is a quaint little restaurant that offers big flavors. The number of times that I have been there is a little scary, but it's only because their macaroni and cheese is THAT good! It is definitely safe to say that The Rolling Pin has the best macaroni in New Jersey.

The Environment

Kaylie Haber

When you walk in, you will only see about ten tables in the restaurant, which has cozy, inviting vibes. Your attention will be drawn towards the delicious scents of muffins, scones, and cupcakes moving through the air. You'll notice the burgundy walls covered in antique posters, tying together the overall feel of a cute, charming cafe.  

My experiences at the Rolling Pin been have always been fantastic, even before my food is brought out. Every time I come, the waiters and waitresses are super friendly and greet me by my name. Instantly, they ask me with a smile, "One or two mac and cheeses today?" Depending on my hunger status, I answer their question. I'm a regular here; they know me well enough to know that I don't want anything other than this mouth-watering delicacy.

The Taste

Kaylie Haber

Within 15 minutes, my dish arrives, overflowing with golden bubbles of cheese that cover the crisp noodles on top. The crunchiness of the burnt top is incredible. Imagine eating an Extra Toasty Cheez-It, and now imagine that in the form of macaroni and cheese. Every bite will leave you wanting more. Flakes of black pepper sink into the bowl to give it extra spice. Beneath the surface, cheese-filled noodles swim in a pool of cheddar. To truly savor the greatness of this meal, I take my fork and slowly swallow one noodle at a time. By the time I'm done eating, I often find myself scraping the sides of the bowl for every last bite.

The Rating

Kaylie Haber

On a scale from 1 to 10, it would be wrong to give the Rolling Pin's macaroni and cheese a rating that isn't 10; if I could give it an 11, I would. Everything about this macaroni and cheese is impeccable. From the way it bubbles to the way it melts in your mouth, the Rolling Pin's mac and cheese is, without a doubt, the best macaroni in New Jersey.

If you do not live near The Rolling Pin in Westwood, New Jersey, here is a great macaroni and cheese recipe to try at home!

Recipe