Matcha has become quite the trend within the food world. Matcha ice cream, matcha doughnuts, matcha bread...but my favorite way to enjoy the green tea has always been in the refreshingly delicious iced latte form. Unlike normal green tea, matcha contains the whole leaf that makes it much stronger in health benefits and caffeine. With a slight "grassy" taste, many describe it as sweeter than normal green tea. This vibrant green powder additionally contains a variety of antioxidants. For more info on the health benefits check out this article from Spoon University: Everything You Need to Know About Matcha. According to an article by Healthline, consuming antioxidants can help stabilize free radicals from your body. This drink is traditionally served warm, but can also be served iced according to preference. The iced matcha latte recipe below is the perfect way to brighten up any morning!

Matcha powder comes in a variety of qualities including culinary grade, ceremonial grade, and Grade A. Prices vary between grades, but the taste is fairly similar across the board and ultimately depends on personal preference. Another tool that is a good investment would be either an electric milk frother or an bamboo matcha whisk to ensure a fully blended drink every time. If you do not have either, a normal kitchen whisk can get the job done! 

Madison Vernon

Iced Matcha Latte Recipe

• 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
  • 2 tbs water
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1/2 tsp honey optional
  • Ice
Madison Vernon

Take the matcha powder and place into a small bowl or glass.

Madison Vernon

(Optional) Add the honey to the glass.

Madison Vernon

Pour in the water into the glass and blend with an electric milk frother or whisk.

Madison Vernon

Pour ice into the glass and add your desired milk.

Madison Vernon

Mix well and enjoy!

Madison Vernon