We have all had those moments when you realize you have an hour to make a dessert to bring to that apartment floor potluck or other food-focused event.

You do not want to be that person that brings a grocery store pie or those slice and bake cookies. So this strawberry cake is the next best thing. It only takes 35 minutes and is basically a jazzed-up boxed white cake mix.

This recipe is very user-friendly and can be changed based on your preference to strawberry chunks or silky smooth cake, cream cheese or buttercream icing, even one layer or two depending on how hungry you are feeling. So keep this recipe under your favorites tab and you will always have a great go-to party friendly dessert.

Strawberry Cake

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:20 minutes
  • Total Time:35 minutes
  • Servings:12 servings

• 1 box white cake mix
  • 3 oz box strawberry Jell-o
  • 15 oz package of frozen strawberrys in the syrup, thawed ^
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 can of your favorite icing
Photo by Aubrey Miller

Preheat the oven to 350ºF.

Photo courtesy of eblogline.com

Spray Pam into 2 (9 inch) round cake pans

Photo by Aubrey Miller

In a large bowl stir together the cake mix and the strawberry Jell-O.

Photo by Aubrey Miller

Add the pureed and thawed strawberries, eggs, vegetable oil, and water to the dry ingredient mixture.

Photo by Aubrey Miller

Beat the ingredients together with an electric mixer on medium speed. Continue until the ingredients are combined and the mixture is smooth.

Photo by Aubrey Miller

Pour the mixture evenly into the 2 cake pans. And cook for 20 minutes.

Photo by Aubrey Miller

Once the cakes are cooked remove them and let them cool for 10 minutes.

Photo by Aubrey Miller

Place the cakes one on top of the other and cover with your favorite icing. (I am partial to the cream cheese kind.) Make it pretty with a few sliced strawberries on top if you like and serve it up to all your hungry friends.

Photo by Aubrey Miller