After standing and cheering outside in 40 degree weather this homecoming weekend, it is no surprise that just about everyone you pass has come down with a nasty cold. Instead of reaching for another can of boring processed soup, try making this super easy and immune system-boosting Ginger Curry Egg Drop Soup. With lots of garlic, known for its natural antibacterial powers, and ginger and curry, which are powerful anti-inflammatory spices, this soup could save you from a lousy week-long cold. Whether you are sick or not, this 15-minute soup makes for a super flavorful and easy meal.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic
1 inch of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 teaspoon curry powder
4 cups of vegetable broth or water
2-3 cups of spinach leaves
Parsley to garnish (optional)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pot and sauté chopped onions until translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add chopped garlic and ginger to the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of curry powder and stir until combined and fragrant.
4. Pour 4 cups of vegetable broth or water and 1 teaspoon salt (add more salt if using water) over the onion mixture and bring to a very low simmer.
5. Meanwhile, whisk two eggs together in a small bowl until combined, and season with salt and pepper.
6. Add 2-3 cups of spinach leaves to the simmering broth and cook for about 30 seconds.
7. Stir broth with a wooden spoon, making large circles, while slowly pouring the egg mixture into the pot. Keep stirring, the eggs should cook on contact and form thin strands. Don’t worry if some of it clumps up slightly.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parsley.
Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?