My favorite flavor of the holiday season is hands down peppermint. This candy confection screams Christmas, reasoning why I mainly enjoy it during the colder winter months. I have selected what I believe to be the best peppermint treats of the season that are ensured to make you feel all festive and jolly inside. 

To begin, I am a huge coffee lover. When winter comes around, my favorite caffeinated beverage is a warm peppermint mocha. Whether from Starbucks or just made at home, I salivate over this sweet drink. I usually stick to iced coffee all throughout the year (the cold weather doesn’t even stop me), but when I am craving something special, I am guaranteed to always go for a peppermint mocha. Even if you aren’t a coffee person, you really cannot go wrong with a peppermint hot chocolate. So delicious!

Another yummy peppermint treat is peppermint stick ice cream. This is also my grandfather’s favorite ice cream flavor, so it will always have a special place in my heart. Nothing beats getting a few scoops of peppermint stick ice cream with warm hot fudge sauce poured on top. This is the perfect way to indulge this holiday season and will help to satisfy that sweet tooth. If you really want to get creative, my family frequently makes “Peppermint Pie” every Christmas, an easy creation that only requires Oreo pie crust, peppermint stick ice cream, hot fudge, and crushed up pieces of candy cane. Step one in this simple recipe is to melt the ice cream in the microwave or let it sit out in room temperature for a few hours. Next, pour the melted ice cream into the unfrozen pie crust and cover the surface in warm hot fudge. To complete this tasty treat, sprinkle little pieces of candy cane all over the hot fudge. This epic dessert should be placed in the freezer and will be ready to serve once everything has hardened. This DIY dessert is super easy and will be sure to please all those who you chose to share with.

Lastly, peppermint bark, a timeless classic, is an essential holiday treat. Not only is it super fun and easy to make on your own, but it is also just as good if you chose to buy it from your local grocery store. Santa never fails to stuff my stocking with Ghirardelli peppermint bark, something that I look forward to devouring each year. Also, if you are willing to go all out and get something extra special, Williams Sonoma sells decadent peppermint bark at any of their locations during the holidays. If you are lucky enough, they may even pass some out for free when you chose to shop around their store!               

If you are a lover of everything peppermint like me, I suggest that you try what I consider to be the best holiday treats of the season. Be sure to share these delectable goodies with your friends and family and stay warm!

Check out these awesome articles to read more:

https://spoonuniversity.com/how-to/power-peppermint

https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/10-recipes-that-are-perfect-for-peppermint-lovers