My favorite dessert of all time is brownies. I love how they have a glossy top and the perfect, gooey texture, and most of all I love how easy they are to make. I wanted to share with you my favorite brownie recipe of all time, adapted from The Hungry Student Cookbook's recipe- not only is it easy to follow, but you probably have most of these ingredients already. Plus, I wanted to share with you 3 ideas to elevate these brownies from my favorite bakers. Impressing your friends has never been easier!

Best Ever Brownies

100g chopped chocolate of your choice

100g unsalted butter

150g light brown sugar

100g white sugar

1tsp vanilla extract

1/2tsp salt

2 eggs

150g plain flour

20g cocoa powder

1. Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a 20x20cm baking dish. Set aside.

2. Melt together chocolate and butter in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between each one. Set aside.

3. In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs and both sugars, then add in the salt and vanilla. Stir in the butter and chocolate mixture until combined.

4. Add in the flour and cocoa and stir until combined. Pour it into the dish and bake for about 30 minutes, until the top is shiny and crackly but the middle is still slightly gooey. Let cool and enjoy!

3 Ways To Elevate your Average Brownie

S'mores Brownies

Sarah from @makingthymeforhealth on Instagram shares this amazing photo of her S'mores Brownies- by adding graham crackers (or digestive biscuits) and marshmallows while they're in the oven, these brownies become a decadent treat.

Brookies

A brookie is simply a hybrid of a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie (aka a match made in heaven), and is super easy to make- all you have to do is add in chunks of cookie dough to the brownie batter before baking. You can get really creative as well with what kind of cookie dough you use too! These brookies from @cupcakejemma on Instagram look so good, I almost want to make myself a batch right now. 

Cheesecake Truffle Brownies

Brownies, stuffed with truffles and then a layer of cheesecake on top. Need I say more? This recipe from @twopeasandpod on Instagram is definitely one to make with your friends, family, or when you're alone and want to binge watch some TV. Saturday night plans, anyone?

I hope you try making these brownies, and if you're feeling adventurous go ahead and try adding your own favorite things to your brownie mix! Happy brownie making (and eating)!