This recipe is further proof that you can, in fact, crust chicken in anything related to cheese snack products and turn it into something amazing. At least, that’s what my roommate said when I put this together.

The secret here is in the sweet and spicy sauce. Slather it on there opting for even more hot sauce if that fits your fancy. Also, don’t forget the fried egg. You can cook it in the same pan as the chicken while it’s draining. Just crack it in, cover it for 3 minutes and you’re golden.

Cheeze-It Crusted Fried Chicken and Eggo Waffle Sandwich

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:15 minutes
  • Total Time:20 minutes

• 1 1/2 cup Cheeze-Its
  • 1 tablespoon parsley
  • 2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 package of Eggo waffles
  • 1 cup maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup Cholula hot sauce
  • 5 eggs (one for egg wash and one per sandwich)
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 4 large frozen chicken tenders
Photo by Shalayne Pulia

Toast Eggo waffles twice until they are a crunchy golden brown and set aside.

Scramble one egg in a bowl and season with a pinch of black pepper and salt. Crush Cheeze-Its and the rest of the dry seasoning in a sealed plastic bag then pour into a dish.

Photo by Shalayne Pulia

Coat washed chicken tenders in egg wash and then Cheeze-It crust and fry in a pan coated with olive oil.

Photo by Shalayne Pulia

Cook until crust is a dark golden brown and chicken is fully cooked and firm. Drain and assemble sandwich.

Combine maple syrup and hot sauce in a small bowl. Pour over chicken and serve with a fried egg on top.

Photo by Shalayne Pulia