I enjoy sitting with a spoon and an entire watermelon while I watch Netflix in bed, so making Spicy Jalapeño Watermelon Pops seemed like the logical way to step up my watermelon game to the next level. With only three ingredients and a few supplies, you’ll be sitting on your porch licking a fresher than fresh popsicle (or maybe just lying in bed as it dribbles down your chest like me).

If you’re not super into spicy, you can tone down the heat a little by straining out the jalapeños before pouring the juice into the molds, but if you’re looking for the most striking, Insta-worthy creation, keep them in for beautifully contrasting colors and textures.

The tomatoes might sound weird, but I promise they just add a tiny tartness to your sugary sweet watermelon goodness. Get ready to whip out your fancy popsicle molds (or your plastic cups and sticks) for a treat that will heat you up just as much as it cools you down.

Spicy Jalapeño Watermelon Pops

• Cook Time:3 hrs
  • Total Time:3 hrs 30 mins

• 1/2 watermelon
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 3 jalapeño peppers
popsicle, ice, strawberry, sweet, candy, rhubarb, sorbet
Leah Valenti

Half the watermelon and then cut it into 1-inch slices.

Leah Valenti

Remove the rind and further cut the watermelon into 1-inch cubes.

Leah Valenti

Cut up the tomatoes into small pieces.

Leah Valenti

Thinly slice the jalapeño peppers.

Leah Valenti

Puree the watermelon and tomatoes. It's best if you do this in small batches.

Leah Valenti

Pour the pureed mixture through a strainer to remove the larger chunks. Add the peppers to the watermelon-tomato puree and let sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to infuse the fruit juice with some heat.

Leah Valenti

Divide the juice amongst the popsicle molds and place them in the freezer to set.

Leah Valenti

Enjoy!

Leah Valenti