Pumpkin bread is one of my favorite breakfast foods of all time. Over the years, I have mastered a super easy recipe that features Bisquick in order to save time. I also substitute oil with apple sauce and sugar with honey in order to make it healthier for the mornings. I cannot get enough of this Bisquick pumpkin bread recipe. 

Bisquick Pumpkin Bread

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 10 mins

• 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup honey
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/3 cup apple sauce
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 1/3 cup Bisquick
cake, zucchini, wheat, bread, banana
Allison Curley

Add all of the ingredients except the Bisquick to a mixing bowl and stir vigorously for one minute.

bacon, egg
    Allison Curley

Slowly add in the Bisquick in three parts until all is combined.

cream
    Allison Curley

Pour into a greased square baking pan.

peanut, butter, cake, fudge, chocolate, peanut butter
    Allison Curley

Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.

honey, cake, pumpkin, banana, bread
    Allison Curley

Thanks to unsweetened applesauce and honey, this recipe avoids using a lot of white sugar. This is what makes it so healthy plus three eggs and pumpkin that give it extra nutrition. I love making the Bisquick pumpkin bread this way because you don't have to feel like you are starting the day with empty carbs.

The bread takes a while to bake, especially in the center, so I highly recommend avoiding a small pan. The bigger the pan you use, the faster it will bake and the less likely you are to have an uneven center. Be sure to perform the toothpick test at the end of the hour of baking to avoid any uncooked eggs.

Usually, when I buy canned pumpkin at the store I get a large container and make two pumpkin breads. I freeze one for a few months down the road, and it saves great like this. 

Regardless of the season, this pumpkin bread is super easy to make and always delicious. I can indulge in some breakfast carbs with peace of mind that I make all the adjustments I could to make it healthier. It is moist, filling, and full of flavor.