Move aside Dunkin - I have a recipe for avocado toast that is not on your new menu. Making avocado toast is not as simple as it sounds. Amateurs will slap avocado slices onto a piece of crusty bread and call it a masterpiece, but that could not be farther from what avocado toast actually is. If this sounds like you, have no fear. Let me guac your world with these fire avocado toast recipes! 

#1. Soft-Boiled Egg Avocado Toast

Sydney Barish

If you're not putting eggs on your avocado toast, you're doing it wrong. This avocado toast packs a savory punch with the addition of the soft boiled egg and "everything but the bagel seasoning". This golden gem steals the show, so I recommend you run to your kitchen and try it out. 

What You'll Need:

1. 1/2 ripe avocado

2. 1 room temperature egg

3. Salt & pepper

4. Everything but the bagel seasoning (no, Trader Joe's is not the only retailer that sells this)

5. Crushed red pepper flakes

Let's Get Cracking!

1. Get a medium pot and fill it until you can fully submerge the egg in of it. 

2. Wait for the water boil and then carefully place your egg into the water. Immediately set your timer for 6 minutes and 30 seconds.

3. On the side, prepare a bowl with cold water and put ice in the bowl with the water. This will be your "ice bath" for the egg to bathe in after taking it out of the boiling water to stop the cooking process. 

4. As the egg boils, slice your avocado according to your preference and toast a single piece of bread.

5. Once your timer is finished, use a slotted spoon to remove your egg from the boiling water and turn off the heat. 

6. Immediately put the egg into the ice bath for about 10 minutes, or until the egg is no longer warm to the touch and it has completely cooled.

7. Place the avocado slices on your toast.

8. Peel your soft boiled egg. Be gentle, the egg is soft and can easily be punctured by a sharp object, so do not use a knife to peel the eggshell off of the egg!

9. Carefully, cut your soft boiled egg down the center and place it on top of your avocado toast to allow the runny yolk to enrobe your toast in gold - remember, you are royalty!

10. Garnish your glorious breakfast with salt, pepper, everything but the bagel seasoning, and red pepper flakes.

11. DIG IN!

#2. Sunny-Side-Up Fried Egg Avocado Toast

Sydney Barish

This avocado toast is sure to make you feel like it's sunny even on the rainiest day. Fry an egg and place it on top of your avocado toast! The creamy yolk of the egg makes for an egg-cellent sauce on top of the crispy bread. Note that with the egg-ception of the soft boiled egg, the instructions for this avocado toast recipe and the ones following it are the same as the one above.

#3. Soft Scrambled Egg Avocado Toast

Sydney Barish

Would it scramble your mind if I told you that a scrambled egg on top of avocado toast is the creamy, soft, topping that is the perfect savory cloud to top your toast with? The creamy texture of the egg matches perfectly with the saltiness of the seasonings on top, and with the smoothness of the avocado. 

This might sound cheesy, but I have one final grate recipe for avocado toast to share with you. Meet fresh mozzarella avocado toast.

#4. Artisanal Fresh Mozzarella Avocado Toast

Sydney Barish

This decadent twist on avocado toast is no joke. It's as simple as slicing fresh mozzarella, placing it on your toast and then adding your sliced avocado and spices! So simple, yet so delicious and filling.

These are all simple modifications that you (yes, you) can make to make your avocado toast breakfast all the more exciting and luxurious! Do not brie afraid to try these avocado toast recipes - you're guaranteed to find one you like here.