As cliché as it may be to set your New Year's Resolution to eat healthier, a new year is as perfect as any time to start being more health conscious about your eating habits. Dieting can be hard, REAL hard. Eating healthy can be expensive, confusing, and inconvenient. However, this recipe makes eating healthy EASY! Made with good-for-you ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, these energy bites are the perfect on-the-go snack!

Prep Time: 10 mins

Cook Time: 0 mins

Total Time: 10 mins

Servings: 18 balls

Madeline Hannon

INGREDIENTS:

-1 1/2 Cup Oats

-1/3 Cup Maple Syrup

-1/2 Cup Almond Butter

-1/2 Cup Raisins

-2 1/2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds (or any other power add-in in your pantry!)

-1/4 Tsp. Salt

-1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract

-1 Tsp. Cinnamon

HEALTH:

Madeline Hannon

OATS--- Oats are rich in antioxidants and fiber, as well as a low-calorie carb which keeps you full for hours!

MAPLE SYRUP-- Maple Syrup is an all-natural sweetener, and provides the perfect sweetness to these yummy bites!

Madeline Hannon

ALMOND BUTTER-- Almond Butter contains healthy fats, protein, and vital minerals that your body needs. This ingredient is KEY in making these bites so filling!

Madeline Hannon

RAISINS-- What is an oatmeal raisin cookie bite without raisins? Raisins are proven to aid in digestion and contain the natural sugars that help curve sweet cravings!

Madeline Hannon

CHIA SEEDS-- Chia seeds = the ultimate superfood! These small seeds are loaded in Omega-3 fatty acids and protein, both things that are hard to get from most foods!

Madeline Hannon

CINNAMON-- Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, and full of flavor!

STEP ONE:

Combine All Ingredients In Bowl and Mix!

STEP TWO:

Chill in your refrigerator for 20- 30 minutes.

STEP THREE:

Roll into bite-size balls using hands or tablespoon and enjoy!

Keep in your refrigerator in an airtight container all week!

Madeline Hannon

NUTRITION: 

Serving Size- 2 balls; Calories- 175/serving

Try These Other Healthy Recipes Too!

Rice Cakes Recipes: The Healthy, Yet Poor College Student's Best Friend 

Healthy Recipes For Your Favorite Chocolate Bar

Carrot Cake Meets Healthy In This Energy Ball Recipe