New York City has finally defrosted, which means it's time to frost those glasses and get ready for #RooftopPartySzn — otherwise known as spring.  NYC's best rooftop parties, bars, clubs, come alive in the spring and summer - it's the one time city slickers take a chance with "nature" and celebrate the outdoors - with a drink in hand, obviously.

In celebration of the warm weather, we developed, shook, and tasted-tested (and got ourselves rightfully tipsy on), some spring cocktail recipes that you'll be sippin' on until you unpack the Canada Goose again next fall.

Let's start off with a super simple drink, inspired by the geniuses at Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar.  This is super easy to make, and you won't have to pay an upwards of $20 just to enjoy it.  (Although their drinks are definitely worth the cash.)

Boujie Boozie Smoothies

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 10 mins

• Frozen mixed berries
  • Fresh mint and basil
  • Champagne
candy, strawberry, milk, chocolate, coffee, cream, sweet
Alexandra Tringali

In a blender, combine frozen fruit, 1 fresh mint leaf, and 1 fresh basil leaf. We used blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries.

Pour smoothie into ice cube container and freeze until solid.

Pop some champagne, pour into glasses, and top with the smoothie ice cubes.

cream, coffee, chocolate, ice
    Alexandra Tringali

Strawberry & Lime Margaritas

• 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 12 strawberries
  • 1 lime
  • 3 oz tequila
vegetable, smoothie, sweet, juice
Alexandra Tringali

Make a simple syrup using the sugar and water. Bring the two to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Once all of the sugar is dissolved, boil for another 30 seconds, and turn off the heat. Let sit until cool.

Once the simple syrup is cool, put in a blender with the strawberries and the zest of a quarter of a lime. Blend until smooth.

Add the simple syrup strawberry mixture, tequila, the juice of a half to a whole lime, and ice cubes to a shaker and shake it real good.

Pour into glasses rimmed with salt and top off with a lime wedge.

smoothie, strawberry, berry, lime, ice, cocktail, sweet, juice
    Alexandra Tringali

Beauty & the Beast

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 10 mins

• 2 cups coconut water
  • 1 chile pepper
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 1 lemon
  • Basil leaves
  • 3 oz. tequila
ice, smoothie, mint, milk, cream, juice, sweet
Alexandra Tringali

Pour the coconut water into a mason jar. Chop the chile pepper into thick rings and drop into the coconut water (with all of the seeds!) Refrigerate for an hour to overnight. If you want a spicier drink (which we recommend!) leave it in the fridge for longer.

Add all of the other ingredients (except basil) and the coconut chile water to a shaker, add ice cubes, and shake the night away. Serve with a lemon slice and the basil.

sweet, cocktail, lemonade, juice, ice, lemon
    Alexandra Tringali

Midnight Madness

• 2 cups blueberries
  • 1 1/2 cups blackberries
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 5 tablespoons water
  • Lime
  • 2 chopped mint leaves
  • 2 chopped basil leaves
  • 3 oz. vodka
  • Seltzer
juice, strawberry, berry, sweet
Alexandra Tringali

Make the fruit compote: put berries, sugar, water, basil, mint, and some lime zest in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the berries begin to burst and become fragrant. Break some open by pushing them up against the side of the pot with a wooden spoon. Cook until the compote becomes a loose syrup, then remove from the heat to cool.

Once the compote has cooled, put it in a shaker with vodka and lime juice. Shake well before pouring seltzer into the shaker and STIR IT. If you try to shake it, IT WILL EXPLODE.

Strain into glasses, and divide the compote left in the shaker amongst the glasses. Garnish with your fave fancy ice cubes.

cream, marmalade, strawberry, gelatin, berry, sweet, jam
    Alexandra Tringali

Summer Shaker

• 1 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 jalapeño
  • 3 oz. vodka
  • 1 grapefruit
  • 1 lime
  • Basil
juice, sweet
Alexandra Tringali

Add the water, sugar, and a handful of basil leaves to a medium saucepan and prepare a simple syrup as directed in the Strawberry & Lime Margarita recipe. While it's coming to a boil, chop a jalapeño into thick rings and reserve (with the seeds!) Once the syrup is removed from the heat, add the jalapeño rings and seeds to the syrup and stir well.

Once the syrup has cooled, pour in shaker with the vodka, the juice from half of a lime, half of a grapefruit, and ice — shake well.

Pour into glasses and top with a lime or grapefruit wedge and some basil.

grapefruit, lemon, citrus, sweet, juice
    Alexandra Tringali

Drink well & responsibly.