Spoon UMD just had our first event of the semester selling our Sweet Heart Cookie Jars, and if you were lucky enough to nab one these babies you are in for a treat. Whether you chose to buy the classic chocolate chip cookie mix or opted for the sugar cookie option, we promise that once you take them out of the oven these cookies will be gone before you know it. You might actually want to hide them from your roommate because they will undoubtedly try to sneak off with a couple alongside a glass of milk.

Sweet Heart

Photo by Kristine Auble

Remember when baking cookies consisted of you having to meticulously measure out every single ingredient and basically praying to the gods of pastry that they turned out perfect? Well, now you don’t have to worry about that, because we’ve measured out each and every mason jar perfectly so you don’t even have to think about it. Plus, the added bonus of not finding flour scattered in every crevice of your kitchen doesn’t hurt either.

Sweet Heart

Photo by Kristine Auble

So whether you bought a mason jar to bake with your significant other on Valentine’s Day, or you just plan to spend V-Day with a whole plate of these cookies for yourself; we promise that you’ll love them and that next time you’ll probably buy more than just one mason jar.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Sweet Heart Jar

Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

Servings: 24 cookies

1 Chocolate Chip Cookie Sweet Heart Jar
1 cup unsalted butter (margarine can be substituted)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Sweet Heart

Photo by Kristine Auble

1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and add the vanilla extract.
3. Mix in the cookie mix.

Sweet Heart

Photo by Kristine Auble

4. Scoop teaspoonfuls of the cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Allow for some space between each dollop of cookie dough. (NOTE: If you don’t have a cookie sheet you can always use a double layer of tin foil as an alternative.)

Sweet Heart

Photo by Kristine Auble

5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
6. Once out of the oven, allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.

Sweet Heart

Photo by Kristine Auble

Sugar Cookie Sweet Heart Jar

Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes

Servings: 24 cookies

1 Sugar Cookie Sweet Heart Jar
½ cup unsalted butter (margarine can be substituted)
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup sour cream

Sweet Heart

Photo by Kristine Auble

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and add the vanilla extract and the sour cream.
3. Mix in the cookie mix.

Sweet Heart

Photo by Kristine Auble

4. Roll out the dough and cut into whatever shape you desire. (Considering that this is for V-Day, hearts are the suggested cookie-cutter mold to use.)

5. Place the cut out cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Make sure to allow for some space between each cookie. (NOTE: If you don’t have a cookie sheet you can always use a double layer of tin foil as an alternative.)

Sweet Heart

Photo by Kristine Auble

6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
7. Once out of the oven, allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.

Sweet Heart

Photo by Kristine Auble